Chapter 24

They were stuck in the middle, they had to take care of you and be with the bullies. It was hard for them to do so they barely managed. Besides that, the enemy had picked up on their presence around you too. They were aware of you and your importance to the boys. At night, they did their research by carefully breaking into your apartment when you slept or when you were out to the store. They always left your apartment the way it was and it was scaring how it was always the same yet always a bit off.

You never took notice of it and the week flew by. On Monday the boys had been able to spend the day with you as people had their storm questions on why you were gone a week long. On Tuesday one of them went to the bullies and made sure they left you alone. On Wednesday two more of them went to the bullies and tried to please them so they would leave you alone, you were left with four of them. On Thursday two more went there and you were left with just two. It was Yoongi and Taehyung who had been with you till now. You felt left behind, you felt like a burden because you kept them away from their group. On Friday you told them how you felt and they promised you to stay. During the weekend you had locked yourself into your apartment trying to figure out what would be the best thing to do at this moment.

Then on Monday, you didn't see the boys, not even Yoongi or Taehyung. So you knew it had finally happened, they went back to their group and you were left alone like you always had been. You didn't mind the silence around you again. On Tuesday you had been growing sadder for some reason, you long for their presence around you. You caught yourself looking for the boys in the class, or in the canteen yet sometimes you saw one of them looking at you occasionally causing you to look away shyly. The new pair of headphones they had gotten for you was now your greatest possession that someone had gifted you. You took Sarah more and more often with you to school. From Wednesday to Friday you were nowhere to be found in the canteen, you were often found in the library as you always had a talk with the library safe keeper. Also, Becky had been talking with you softly.

It was nice to have someone like her and now it was the boys turn to look for you in the canteen, in classes. They knew about the library and always found you there with Becky. Studying or just reading, sometimes the library safe keeper made a small list for you two to read. Seeing you like that made them happy but they knew that fake smile you had on your face. You never had smiled or laughed as much as you did before they left you. They saw how you had gotten paler every day, how your hair lost its volume, its color and how you lost your everything actually. But they couldn't just walk back into your life so they did what they had been doing a little while ago too.

Little notes to help you through everyday life. They noticed how you slowly smiled more, how you slowly got yourself back. They knew that they indeed made your life better. The unknown little things that they did for you made you better. Nobody cared for you the way they cared for you. They waited for the day they would see you in the canteen again. Then they would make you better than ever and they would apologize for leaving like that. They had been wanting to do that ever since all of them had left you. That now had already had been almost three months already. They were proud of you. Proud that you had been able to hold onto dear life so long without them.

You were proud of yourself too since you had gotten so far yet you couldn't help but miss those stupid boys. They already helped you with so much and yet since they had left you the bullies left you alone but... you missed them. Your heart ached for them and wanted to be with them. You wanted to be with them more than anything else in your life. They were your guardian angels, a family you never had, they were like brothers for you, brothers you never had.

Today a new week had started. It had been four months since they had left you. You and Becky had been friends, yeah, but she left you alone too. After a while, you had been noticing how she was acting mean towards you. One time she even pulled down your glove and noticed the scars and laughed at it before giving it back to you. She walked away and you went back home. Your closet was nothing but dark clothing and everyone knew it. Nobody minded it. The boys even liked it. They thought you looked amazing in it, it looked so much like their suits that they normally would wear and it made them happy. Maybe one day you could be one of them. You were perfectly fit to be theirs.

You will go to them soon enough.