Chapter 31

Normally you would have graduated at this moment in time but you didn't. Normally you would have had a job at this moment in time but you didn't. Normally you would have been awake at this moment in time but you weren't. Nothing has changed since the time the boys had saved you from their enemies but they were doing their best. Slowly by slowly, the bullies had been exposed and now they had been in the trail for a while now. Your whole class was punished for not helping you when they clearly saw that you needed help. Their punishment was easy. None of them could graduate. It didn't seem like much but it was.

School costed money and all of them had to pay it twice this time except for you. Since it was summer vacation now the boys had all the time to be with you and watch over you. It was hard for them to see your lifeless body each and every day but some things gave them hope. It gave them hope that you are breathing. It gave them hope that your heart is still beating and it gave them a lot of hope when they saw that the next morning you laid differently than the night before.

Every day they took turns on watching but most of the night all of them were by your side, yet they never dared to touch you. Since you weren't awake you wouldn't be able to see what was going on, not knowing what was going on. Their win didn't feel satisfied with you in this condition. It may not have actually been that long but it felt like ages without you.

The days weren't as funny, the time didn't go as quick. The smiles their faces held were nothing but a fake and sad full truth only they knew. The spark in their eyes had been long gone without you providing the spark they needed. The care that they once held for themselves was replaced with the care you and Sarah were needing.

Day after day they found Sarah watching over you. Maybe it was something she always had done but for some reason, she didn't seem healthy in their eyes. She seemed lifeless, the albino color she had was replaced with a kind of greyish color. The boys did stick to the diet you had for her and being the good snake she is, she did eat it. She was waiting for you to wake up.

Everyone was waiting for you to wake up.

It may seem like a stretch but it was true. It was like the world held in their breath 'till you will wake up. The time didn't go as fast as it seemed, it seemed slower while it was going on the same pace as ever. The sound from different things was duller as the sound of silence had grown louder.

Ever since you were asleep their world had become as in change your world had become colorful, joyful and happy. You didn't feel the pain you used to feel, you visited the most beautiful places in your sleep. A smile plastered on the face you carried in your dreams. People joined your walk through the world but left sooner than you wanted them too. You never look back as you got warned by an old lady at the beginning of your dream.

"Don't look back, it will break you and haunt you. Go on now little one, you have an adventure here waiting for you."

That was what she said as she disappeared. You stared at her and saw how some pair of wings had become visible now she was gone. It was great to not feel the pain but it was rather lonely. Time passed away and way quicker in your sleep. You grew older in your dreams but you never found love. At night you thought to see the boys but yet they were only reflections of what you thought they would be.

Sighing to yourself you were able to go on in your dream as your real body became weaker but yet stronger. Every other week the doctor would do checkups on you. On your mind, reflexes and healing abilities. Tests to see if you would be okay once you woke up but he never got to know the right answer. It was all so vague in their perceptions as it was as easy in yours.

They wanted you alive and with them but on the counterpart, you wanted to stay in your dream world and live there even if it was lonely sometimes. How could they be cruel? Wanting you back in this dark and mean world but how can you be so cruel? Leaving them alone in this dark and mean the world.

Even the doctor says it would be you who decides you wanted to wake up or not. You were fully in control of that. Would you take the risk and look back in your dream? or do you keep going till the end of your life in the dream? Nobody knew about the chances you would take but even in your dream world you met someone and kept her close beside you. On the last day you saw her, the two of you had a conversation you wanted to remember to the end of your days so you wrote it down.

"Say Y/N? Did you ever thought about looking back, cause I know that everyone gets the warning to not look back but don't you get curious what happens?" she looked at you with pleading eyes. Wanting to know what you thought about it.

"I don't know Mia, I really don't know. What if something bad happens if we look back?" you looked at her with sad eyes, knowing that this wasn't the answer she expected. You had been here longer than she was but still, you looked up to her. She was so bright and looked so happy.

"Hmm, I guess you are right about that. But what if you then will be able to remember the things in your younger life? What if you remember people you never remembered before? What if you-"