Chapter 36

Zoey's Pov:

I arrived at Felix's house around 8:00. Oh, he will be shook about what happened at work.

Knock knock knock.

A few seconds later, Felix opened the door.

"Hey, I'm glad you came," He said

"I'm glad for you to invite me,"

"Come in," He held my hand and took me inside his house.

"Guys, Zoey's here," He yelled so his family can here

"Hi, Zoey," His family said

"My family's upstairs, so we have downstairs,"

"Cool,"

"Did you eat?"

"No, but I'm fine,"

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I'm sure,"

"Ok,"

Felix and I walked into his family room. I sat on the couch, and Felix turned on the TV to turn on Netflix.

"You can't believe who I saw at my job today," I stated

"Who? Tiffany?" He said while grabbing the remote.

"Yep. She was with her mom, and I had to help her. It was AHHH! So awkward,"

"Awww. Poor child," He said in a babyish voice. He grabbed a blanket, sat next to me, and laid a blanket on both of us. I laid down on his lap. He laid down on his and wrapped one of his arms around me. He paused a bit and asked: "What do you wanna watch?"

"Coco?" I asked

"Ok. Coco, it is,"

----

During the middle of the movie, I received a text.

"Who is it?" He asked.

I looked at my phone.

"Rachel. She wants to hang out tomorrow," I responded

"Oh, ok,"

He continued to look at the movie. I stared at him for a while and looked back at the movie.

I felt a glare towards me. I turned my head towards Felix's direction. "Yes?" I asked. Felix sat up, crisscrossed, and shook his head. "Nothing. It's just that. Nothing,".

"You're lying," I said.

"Well, I don't know how I wanted to tell you this,"

"Just tell me,"

Felix started fidgeting his fingers, then cupped my face with his hands. "You're beautiful," He said. He leaned forward and softly pressed his lips against mine. He pulled back sharply and stared at me. I looked down in embarrassment.

"Wow, um. That happened," I muttered.

"Um. Yeah, it did,"

We both chuckled, and everything turned silent.

"Well, I have to go," I stated

"Ok, I-I'll see you tomorrow after you and Olivia's class,"

"Yep,"

"Bye,"

"Bye,"

I walked out of his house and drove back home with the usual. My parents yelling at each other's throats and Tre being in his room ignoring the entire world. I walked up to my room and received a text from Felix.

F-So that kiss...

Z- Yeah?

F- Was it ok?

Z- Yeah. It was just a peck...

F- Ok, are you sure?

Z- It was only a peck

F- Ok...

F- Well, I'll see you tomorrow

Z- Yep

End of Convo

I laid on my bed like a starfish, closed my eyes, and smiled. I feel happier now. Happier than I ever been for the past few weeks. Wow, I'm cheesy. Maybe it's the lack of sleep for the past couple of weeks.

Yeah, it's the lack of sleep.

|||||

Yes, I know. It's short, leave me alone! Haha.