Chapter 30

Zoey's Pov:

Our team won and our winning streak is getting better and stronger than ever. Felix and I were invited to eat with the squad, but we decided to pass and hang out on our own. Felix drove me to his house and we sat in his family room. Luckily, he had his mother's permission for me to come over. Felix ordered pizza while I was scrolling to see what we can watch on Netflix. (A/N: Not sponsored whatsoever, lol).

"Mamma Mia?" I asked

"I'm fine with it,"

"Ok,"

He sat pretty close to me with his arm around me and I laid my head on his shoulders.

"This is pretty relaxing," Felix said

"Yeah. it is. I really appreciate this. It's our little pre-homecoming date. But not like a 'date' date, just like a-" I started to say

"A hangout?"

"Yeah,"

Ding dong

"That must be the pizza," Felix said while letting go of me

"Yeah,"

I sat criss-cross on the couch, patiently waiting for Felix. About a few seconds later, Felix came back with the pizza in his hands, smiling.

"Smells great," I stated

"Heck ye,"

He sat the pizza on the table and he sat back on the couch next to me.

"What did I miss?" He asked

"Nothing really,"

"Great!"

I opened the pizza box and grabbed a slice of pizza.

"This is some good pizza! Out of all of the years, I lived here, I never got pizza from this place," I said

"Yeah, my mom always orders pizza from this place,"

"Nice,"

----

We reached towards the end of the movie, the part where Sophie decided not to get married yet.

"Oh, that sucks," Felix said

"Yeah, it does. But hey, at least she knows that she's not ready yet," I said

Felix turns towards me and looked at me.

"Yeah. Good for her," He said

"Yeah,"

After a few seconds of awkward silence, Felix cupped his hand on my right cheek, looked at me and smiled. I smiled back. He lightly chuckled and slowly leaned towards me.

Wait, this is happening now? Am I prepared for this? Oh, I hope I don't mess this up!

I closed my eyes and leaned a little bit.

"Felix, I'm home," I heard his mother say

We both separated from each other and we both looked at the tv.

"Hi, Zoey. How are you?" She asked

"I'm good, how about you?"

"I'm good, thank you for asking,"

I nodded.

"Well, I have to go. We kinda have a big day tomorrow, and I need some sleep," I said while standing up.

"Ok, I'll walk you out," Felix said

"Oh, thank you,"

"Yeah, no problem,"

We both walked out of the house and stopped right next to my car.

"Um, I really had fun today," I said

"Same here,"

Felix leaned over to my left cheek and softly kissed my cheek. I smiled a little bit while putting my head down.

"Well, I'll see you tomorrow," Felix said

"Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow,"

I walked back to his house and I climbed onto my car and sat inside the car for about a minute.

So close, Zoey! So close.