Chapter 45

Zoey's Pov:

8:00 in the morning

I softly opened my eyes, and I felt my back get heavy and felt a little breeze on the back of my neck. I took his hand and softly grabbed it and squeezed. He squeezed back and kissed my cheek.

"Morning, Felix," I softly stated

"Morning, sunshine." He said in his deep, raspy voice.

"How was your sleep?" I said while flipping around to look at his face

"It was fine," He said. "How about your sleep?"

I paused for a quick second, trying to figure out what to say. "It was okay,"

"That doesn't sound good. What's wrong?" He said caressing my face.

I shook my head. "It's nothing."

He nodded his head. "Okay," he pecked my lips.

I gave him a weak smile and buried my face to his neck.

He sighed.

"What's wrong?" I asked

"Nothing. What time is it?" He grabbed his phone and turned it on. He groaned, "Oh, it's so early,"

"What time is it?"

"It's 8:05,"

"That's not that bad,"

"What time do you usually wake up?"

"7:30 to 8:00,"

"Really?"

I nodded my head.

"You are such an early bird,"

I chuckled.

"Yeah, I am. Fight me,"

"I might,"

I chuckled.

Silence. It was just me and Felix cuddling close to each other, silently. Sometimes silence can be the best thing to occur.

"Zoe, let's do something today," He stated

"Okay, what do you want to do?" I asked

"I don't know. Maybe something fun today. I mean, it is the new year. We need to do something exciting," he said while rubbing my back

"Let me take a shower and get dressed, and we'll talk about this a little later. Okay?"

"Okay, can I kiss you before you take a shower? Please?" He begged

"No, Felix."

"Can I hold you a little more before you go?"

"Sure,"

"Yay!"

He squeezed me tightly, giggling.

"You are crazy," I joked

"Yeah, crazy about you."

My face dropped and stayed silent. No one ever said they were crazy for me or say that they love me and meant it. Ever. Well, besides my grandmother, but that doesn't really count.

"Zoe, are you okay?" He asked

"Yeah. Can I shower now?" I asked softly

He groaned. "Yeah, your sweatshirts and pants are in the right middle drawer,"

"Thank you,"

He released me and I got out of the bed, grabbing my "Howard University" sweatshirt and my black joggers from the drawer, and walked out of the room to go into the bathroom.

----

After I finished taking my shower, doing the routine of brushing my teeth, and changing to my clothes, I went back to Felix's room to get my shoes and socks.

Knock knock knock. I knocked.

No answer. I opened the door, and no one was there. I grabbed the items I was looking for and went downstairs. When I started walking downstairs, there was an aroma of bacon and something sweet. I walked into the kitchen to see Felix plating the food.

"Hey," I said softly, leaning on the wall with my arms crossed.

He stumbled a bit.

"Oh, hey. I didn't hear you walking down the stairs,"

"Smells nice," I said

"Thanks! I wanted to do something special for you,"

I walked towards him. "Aw, you don't have to make anything special for me!" I stopped right next to him,  "I really appreciate it though," I kissed his cheek.

"I know," he said in a soft tone.

Felix stayed silent.

"Are you okay?" I asked

"Yeah, I'm fine,"

I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Are you sure?"

He nodded.

"Thank you for cooking breakfast, it looks beautiful and I'm about to eat it and you will join me. Okay?"

He nodded. "Okay,"

"Good,"

I pecked his lips. He smiled.

"You're the best," Felix said

"I try," I softly stated

We both grabbed a plate and sat in the dining room across from each other.

"It looks amazing!" I exclaimed

"Thank you. I really appreciate it,"

I picked up my fork and lightly stabbed the waffles on my plate and ate it. I gave him a thumbs up. He smiled and looked down and started eating.

---

"So, did you figure out what you wanted to do today?" I asked him while helping him clean up the dishes.

"Um, not really. Did you?" He responded

I shook my head. "No,"

He sighed.  "We are so bad trying to figure out what we want to do,"

"Not necessarily, Maybe we can go to the movies,"

He shook his head. "We've done that a million times. Ice skating?"

I shook my head. "It's two hours away. Even longer since it's snowing,"

"You have a point. Maybe bowling or the arcade,"

"That's not a terrible idea. I'm for it. I mean, they are in the same location,"

"Great. So it's a date," He laughed

I laughed. "Yes. Yes, it is,"

He stared at me and I stared back and smiled. He smiled back. I looked down at his feet and he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him.

"You're an angel. My angel," He stated softly

"Is that so?"

He nodded. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pecked his soft, plump lips.

"I appreciate it," I softly stated. I rested my forehead on his shoulder. He started rocking side to side. He laid a soft kiss on the top of my head.

"I gotta take a shower, okay?" He stated

"Okay, I'll be down here,"

He slid his hands to my shoulders. "Okay," He pecked my lips and walked upstairs.

I sighed. He's the only boy, that's not a part of my family, that actually cares about me.

Like, really cares about me.

Man, I have to step up my game.