Chapter 4: Cash's Scary Secret

Cash's POV:

"God, another day of school, more like another 6 hours of utter boredom" Cash thought to himself as he walked into his first class this Thursday morning.

Cash did okay in school however he was never really one to put a lot of effort into doing his work, plus being in sophomore in High school can be stressful sometimes, and believe me, Cash would know.

Cash's outfit was similar to most of the pieces in his wardrobe. Blue ripped jeans with grey and white air Jordan's, along with a grey shirt and black leather jacket. Cash always seemed to wear jackets a lot as of lately, but I guess that's just his style assumed most people.

Around 11:30 Cash finally had lunch and he was dying to eat because he had skipped breakfast that morning. Cash entered the lunch room and headed towards the pizza line when he heard a voice call out from behind him, a voice that Cash knew well, but didn't seem to happy about it.

"Well well, look at this, it's little Cashie Baker, Maverick Baker's annoying little loser of a brother" said Nathan Triska, a fellow sophomore. Nathan has picked on and bullied Cash since first grade, the reason why Cash never really understood but that never stoped what seemed like endless torment from Nathan.

"What do you want Nathan?" Cash said clearly being annoyed, "Nothing really, I just thought I'd come say high to my favorite nerd." Cash was clearly getting upset but didn't want to escalate the situation cause he knew that's exactly what Nathan wanted. "Just leave me alone so I can eat" Cash said as he tried to walk away, however Nathan quickly got in front of Cash.

"Get outta my way Nathan!" Cash said semi-aggressive. "Or what, what are you gonna do Baker, huh?" Nathan teased. "I said move" Cash shouted. At this point Nathan was done using his words and was ready to use his fists, which showed as he shoved Cash to the ground saying "or else what Freak!"

Cash got up as other students in the lunch room quickly surrounded the two boys. Cash was sick of Nathan picking on him and was ready to go on the defense. Cash then took his swing at Nathan, hitting him square in the jaw, Nathan stumbling back before lunging at Cash and the two boys got into an all out fist fight that ended when a loud thud hit the ground and all then surrounding students gasped in shock.

Maverick's POV:

I know I should be in class right now, but sometimes Mychael and I just like to hang out near the football field as students run laps. We had to head through the cafeteria to get there so we entered through the doors and both of us saw the same thing, a group of students surrounding something, correction someone.

It was clear that a fight had just occurred and we wanted to see who but sadly to my shock, it turned the boy on the ground was Cash. He was holding his stomach and it looked like he was going to hurl. I also saw Nathan Triska, that sophomore punk who's picked on Cash for years. I quickly ran up on him shoving him to the ground.

"What the hell dude." I screamed at him before going over to check on Cash. I helped him up and from behind me I heard Nathan say "look at that, Cashie needs his big brother to stand up for him, just like always." Most of the surrounding students began to laugh and I looked at Cash and I could see tears welling up in his eyes so I told him to go relax in the boys restroom. As he walked away I turned to face Nathan and he could tell that if he didn't run I was going to beat the shit out of him so he quickly ran out of the cafeteria and the others students dispersed, returning to their tables to eat.

Cash's POV:

Maverick told me to go take some time to calm down in the boys restroom so I did, so I'm not sure exactly what happens after that point but I didn't really care.
I looked in the mirror, trying my hardest not to start crying in pain. However admitting it's not the worst pain I've felt before and it certainly wouldn't be the only.

Cash stayed in the boys restroom all through lunch then for the rest of the day stayed quiet in the rest of his classes, he didn't he say anything to Maverick as they drove home from school. Maverick kept looking over at his little brother, wanting to say something but just not knowing what.

Eventually the two boys got home and Cash immediately headed upstairs as Maverick went to grab a water from the kitchen. As he did he heard what sounded like the upstairs bathroom door close, Maverick'a first thought was Cash was finally going to let out his tears in the comfort of his own home.

Maverick went into his bedroom and placed the water in his desk. Noticing the closed bathroom door as he walked by. Maverick thought that Cash might need some along time but his instincts told him that he needed to say something as the older brother.

Maverick's POV:

I've never really been the type of person who butts into other people's business but this was my little brother and he was clearly going through something so even though i don't necessarily want to I'm going to go talk to Cash.

I walked over to the bathroom door, listening to see if I could hear something, and what I heard sounded like cash quietly sobbing, although it also kinda sounded like winching.

I then opened the door, however I wasn't ready for what I saw. "Hey Cash," I started "I know you might not want to talk about this right now but I really think we should..... CASH! What are you doing?" I screamed.

Cash turned to look at me as he dropped what was in his hand, a tiny metal razor blade that hit the floor. I then looked at Cash's arm and everything made sense now, why had he suddenly start wearing long leave t-shirts and sweaters, it was because Cash's left arm, to Maverick's shock, was cover with what seemed like hundreds of cut scars, the freshest one still bleeding.

Cash and Maverick never like to keep secrets from one another, however it turned out that Cash was keeping a major one from his older bro. It was probably the scariest secret he could keep, for Cash had secretly been cutting himself to deal with fact that he had been getting bullied.

To be Continued.....