Chapter 12: Turning 20

The date was December 13th, 2020. Maverick later in his bed sound asleep, until his alarm went off. Maverick woke up immediately and was ready for the day, because today was going to be all about him, because today was Maverick's birthday. Today Maverick was turning 20.

Maverick was determined to look his best today so he found some of his favorite pieces and came up with a badass birthday outfit.

Maverick then walked down the stairs, trying to act as cool as possible. It like he was in a high school movie when the popular guy walks in slow motion, that's what Maverick imaged he looked like right now.

Maverick could smell the bacon coming from the kitchen, but not just any bacon, Maverick's favorite bacon. Maverick slid into the kitchen, still doing his "cool guy" routine as his mom looked to see him.

"We good morning birthday boy." She said going to kiss him on the check, "god my second child's already 20, I'm losing all my babies" she said giving an over-drama fake crying.

"Uh mom, you still have me" Cash said sitting at the table waiting for breakfast. Both Maverick and his mom looked at Cash,

"Oh yah, thats right." She said in an unenthusiastic tone, obviously trying to be funny. Cash groaned as Maverick laughed, sitting next to his brother at the table.

"Maverick, sorry to remind you but you still got another year before you can legally drink" Cash said trying to get under his brothers skin. Maverick laughed sarcastically,

"That's true, however I also know that I'll never be too young or to old to do this." Maverick then grabbed the back of Cash's waistband, giving him a slight wedgie. Cash winced, hitting his knee against the table.

"Boys, knock it off please. Maverick, I know it's your big day but please let go of your brothers underwear" their mother said as she started putting breakfast on their plates.

Cash and Maverick always fought and always gave each other wedgies no matter when or where, however both boys had agreed at a young age to respect their mothers wishes, so whenever she asked them to stop no matter how much they hated each other at that moment they immediately behaved themselves.

Just as their mom finished putting breakfast on the table, the boys father walked in holding the mail,

"Morning sport" he said to Maverick, "big day, 20. You know when I was 20 I already had my own place and my own job."

"Yeah yeah, I know dad." Maverick said. "Hey I'm just teasing ya" his father said to him.

"Oh, by the way. You got a letter." "From who?" Maverick asked. "Lani!"

Cash and Maverick hadn't seen Lani since her wedding last year. She lived with her husband in LA, she was a professional mode so she was always very busy which made it hard to come home for visits.