Animalia Ascension: 1

1: Mud and Ice

Sai

Sai looked around the camp outside the healing den. Not many elementals were working today. Fire elementals were snoozing in the sun, Water elementals playing in the pool by the waterfall, and Ice elementals were making sculptures. Sai wasn't sure if she should join the other Ice elementals yet, because Snowcone wanted to make sure she was fully healed before getting out of the healing den. Snowcone was the healer in the camp. He usually never lets anyone out of his healing den until they're okay to go. Well, some days after they're okay to go. Sai realized Snowcone was walking towards the healing den.
"Snowcone, am I ready to go yet?" asked Sai.
"Yep!"
Sai knew Snowcone likes to joke around sometimes. "Really?"
"You look fine, so you are fine."
"Great! Thanks."
Sai slid over like an ice skater, summoning ice on the ground in front of her, to the other Ice and Snow elementals.
"Careful! That's my sculpture!"
Silvana, Sai's sister, ran in front of a sculpture, where Sai was going to crash into, but instead they both crashed into each other and laughed.
"Sai, you should probably stop ice skating like that."
"But why? How will I get around?"
"You have to brake yourself somehow if you actually want to. But for now, just don't."
"Aw. Okay. Anyway, why is nobody preparing for the next battle?"
"We need breaks sometimes, you know."
"But this battle's going to tell us if we're dead or not! All we're doing is just playing around."
"Sai, maybe you should just chill. Make a sculpture."
"...Oh, alright."

Kyri

Kyri padded over to the sand beds. Her friend, Alpha, usually slept in the sand beds instead of the grass beds. So did her other friend Alice. Kyri went over to where Alpha was sleeping.
"WAKE UP!" Kyri yelled.
"AH!" Alpha yells. "Oh, Good morning, Kyri!"
"Mornin'. Come on, let's wake up Alice in the healing den."
"Alright. But do we have to do this every time?"
"Oh come on, it's fun!"
Alpha got up from his bed quickly and followed Kyri to the medicine den. The floor was a little mossy, but they were fine with it.
"Huh? Where's Alice?"
Suddenly, a shadow crept up behind them...
"Should I be turning back?" asked Kyri.
"BOO!" 
"AHHH!"
"Hahaha! You're not getting me this time, Kyri."
The shadows revealed Alice.
"Wow. You scared us great."
"Heh heh. Thanks."
"Anyway, weren't we all going to go to the mud place today?" Asked Alpha. "It's going to not have many people in it, and plus, it'll be fun!"
"No thanks." Alice explained, "Us cats don't like mud."
"Yeah... Also, why would a dragon-fox like you like mud? Have you turned into a hippo?"
"Of course not! Heheh."

(I didn't think this through)