Chapter 31 : Hearts That Beats Together

Dedicated to Chanduz, ( hope you can read the update before your exam starts, all the best)

and to all my readers, friends and followers...

Chapter 31 : Hearts That Beats Together

" It Takes a strong heart to love,

But it takes an even stronger heart to continue to love,

after it's been hurt."

~ Anonymous...

The day of Fashion Show...

Delhi ..

XYZ plaza....

Looking at Khushi's state, Arnav gets alert and immediately scoop Khushi's fragile self in his arms. He carry her in bridal style while Khushi whispered, " Where are you taking me?"

"Home..." came his curt reply. She did not say anything but looked at him with her teary eyes.

Khushi was looking at him forgetting all of her surroundings. As if only she and the man who has cocooned her now, is present in the universe, rest has been faded away..

He is taking her to HOME...

Though Arnav could sense Khushi's moist eyes on him constantly but he was looking forward. Taking long strides he walks hurriedly towards the car parking, he has to take away Khushi from this toxic environment, as early as possible and soon Arnav placed Khushi in the car and drove away in the enlighten road of Delhi Highway.

Aman Mathur was the one who observed the whole exchange between the estrange couple. He was worried sick for both Arnav and Khushi. But the way Arnav composed himself and gather Khushi's shattered self, he did not wanted to intrude.

Aman bring out his phone to inform Shyam about the latest development while wiping away the lone tear, " Hopefully this time you two will find solace.. God Bless..."

******************

The Night of Fashion Show...

Delhi Highway ..

Arnav was driving the car looking straight at the road. The moment he placed Khushi in the passenger seat, buckled her seat belt and started the car, Khushi's trance was broken.

" Where... Where are you taking me? Stop the car." Khushi tried to sound rude but it came as whisper.

" I told you...HOME..." Arnav said firmly but his voice was soft.

" I don't have a home. I am an orphan." Khushi's soft whisper broke Arnav's already shattered soul a little more.

" But you resides in me..." and the moment those words escapes from Arnav's mouth Khushi snapped her head towards him and once again the brown pool meet with hazel orbs..

Time stop...

So, the chaos of the surrounding...

Only the increased heartbeats of both of them and their laboured breath were filling up the pin drop silence of the closed car area.

And suddenly it started raining heavily. Softly splashing water droplets hit the car windows and the skies are overhung with the blanket of grey, so much that it was difficult to differentiate between the sky and the clouds.