Chapter 8 -

Freya-

I open my eyes and see nothing but darkness, i turn my head to look at the digital clock on my bedside unit and see the numbers 5.48 am in bright red. I turn my head and look up at the roof blinking every couple of minutes. It's officially 5.48 am on Saturday morning and i am awake, good one Freya. I swallow some saliva and feel my throat is dry and decide to get up and get a drink to refreshen it. I pull the duvet off of my light green silk button up shirt and shorts and position myself at the edge of the bed, my feet touching the ground. I once read this article where if you wake up in the middle of the night because you need to pee you should never get up instantly so i think it said something like you should lay in the position you are in for two minutes then sit yourself up and wait another two or three minutes before getting up to go to the bathroom, something to do with to allow your brain to function properly because it's still asleep. I don't know i read it somewhere, Maybe it's true or maybe its not. But it's not until that moment when i have my hands on the sheet and i'm looking out in front of me when i realise where i am, I'm not in my dorm room, I'm at the Lachlan house.

Yesterday i spoke to Aileen and she persuaded me to come stay at the house. It took awhile to convince me but i realised i can't just hide behind my books and school forever. I made a promise to not only him but to his family and to my mum and although i still stick by the words i said to Cameron at dinner if he doesn't change his drinking and this whole party life then i will walk away because i will not allow myself to go through that. I have been used far too much times in the past for him to just marry me and keep up what he is doing because essential he is using me, he is only marrying me to stay with his family and i will not allow myself to be used and walked all over, nope not happening. Not this time. The funny thing is i got in around 9 last night and Cameron wasn't in the house so i haven't actually spoken to him since that day. I grab my thick cream dressing gown off the hanger on the back of the door and slide my arms into it and wrap it round my waist keeping it in place and slide my feet into the fluffy cream slippers that matches. I open up the door and navigate myself down stairs and to the kitchen, when in the kitchen my eyes adjust to the light, although it seems annoyingly bright to start with my eyes does adjust. I go into the fridge and pull out a bottle of unopened water, i switch off the kitchen light and begin to head back to the stairs when i notice a light on in the distance. It looks like it's coming from the study so me being me can't help myself and walk over to have a nosy, perhaps one of the boys forgot to turn off the light last night. As i approach the room i hear rustling from inside and open the door a little further to get a closer look to who it is. When i opens up the door i see's Gordon sitting at one of the desk working on presumingly one of his cases.

"Freya" he exclaims shocked at the sight of me

"Sorry i didn't mean to disturb. I was just grabbing some water and saw the light" I explain to him as i lift my arm to show him the water.

"It's not problem at all, sometimes when i can't sleep i come down here and work" he says to me with a smile

"I should leave you to it then" I say to him not wanting to disturb him, i begin to back away when i hear him call.

"Freya" He calls out to me, i turn around and see him now standing up from his chair.

"Yeah" I step forward a little

"I was wondering if some time me and you can have a little talk, nothing serious of course. Just a little catch up that's all" He asks me his face lightened a little

"Yeah i'd like that... How about now?" I ask him not having anything better to do

"You should go back to bed"He tells me, i smile at him and shake my head