Chapter 17-

Cameron-

I stand outside a Jewelry store in town looking in the window when i notice someone stand next to me. I turn my head and see my brother standing next to me.

"Thank you for meeting me" I say to him and look back at the window

"No worries what's up?" Laine asks me and i turn to face him

"Just been thinking alot man" I answer him and walk down the street with him.

"About what?" Laine asks me as we cross the street and sit at a brown bench at the park that looked onto a little lake filled with swans.

"Freya" I answer him truthfully as she has been on my mind a lot lately. With the wedding coming closer i am reminded that this is real and there is no backing out but I'm not so much against it as i used to be. She's a good girl and she deserves the world but sometimes i doubt i can give it to her.

"Care to elaborate" He says and i lean forward on my chair

"I'm really trying to do right by her" I share with him knowing in my mind there is something i have to do. Some old habits i need to snap out and and some new ones i need to snap into. " Anyway i need you to do me a favour"

"What is it?" He asks me and i look up at him and see the look of curiosity on his face

"I have to do something after work and i'm meant to be picking Freya up at five but i won't manage to make it. Can you please do it for me? I don't want her to have to call a cab" I ask him feeling slightly guilty about her not having a lift home and having to ask his brother for help.

"Sure thing" Laine agrees to it and i feel a slight relief inside of me

"Thank you so much, i owe you one" I tell him and pat his back

"I'll add it to the list"He jokes to me and i know that list is quite long by now after everything he has done for me. All the times he took the fall for me or gotten into a fight cause of me, One day i will repay him for everything he has done for me.

"I have a long day at college anyway so it's perfect" Laine tells me and i nod my head feeling even better about the idea.

Laine -

At 4.45pm i leave the college hub and have my work in my backpack, I throw my backpack into the back of the car and drive round the corner to Freya's house. I park outside and leave my belongings inside apart from my phone, wallet and Keys which i take with me. I lock the car door and take my time getting to hers leaving her plenty of time to get herself ready. As i'm walking i see a guy walking towards me down the hall that looks familiar.

"Laine right?" He asks me and to which i nod my head and we both stop in the hall.

"Yeah, Do i know you?" I answer him with another question and tilt my head a little trying to figure out who he is.

"I'm Freya's friend Simon" He shares with me and i open my mouth slightly after realising

"I remember now" i tell him with a friendly smile

"I don't know what exactly is going on with you and Freya, I hear you guys are engaged and all i wanted to say was don't hurt her" Simon tells me and i hold my tongue until he finishes

"Simon you have nothing to worry about but she is actually marrying my brother Cameron" I correct him with a polite smile on my head and a slight head nod finding it a little awkward.