Chapter 25-

Freya-

I head into the care home and see Aggie straight away waiting for me to show up. I give her a smile and sign myself in, I wore red and black snake print trousers with a lace white strappy top and white sneakers on my feet and a red leather jacket over the top. My hair was down and wavy while some of it was up on the top of my head in a bun.

"Oh Freya, She has been waiting her all morning for you" Angela Parkers tells me with a smile as she holds onto Aggie and i smile at her and shake my head.

"Shouldn't you be in bed" I ask her feeling concerned as she hasn't been doing too good lately "How've you been Aggie?" and to any normal person who walked through the door you would think this is a very happy and healthy woman but behind all that is someone who is very unwell and is only putting up a front.

"I'm doing fine deary" She replies to me and i see the carer shaking her head no.

"Let's get you to bed shall we?" I suggest to her and wrap her arm around mine so that she can support herself.

"Good idea" Aggie agrees with me and we head off to the direction of her room as we catch each other up on what we have been up to since we last seen each other.

"What kind of trouble have you been causing around here then?" I joke to her which brings a smile to her face.

"I'm a little angel" She claims and i shake my head at her

"Why don't i believe that for a second" I reply to her and let out a slight laugh.

"Susan O'donnell passed away last night" Aggie shares with me and i can see the worry on her face.

"I'm sorry to hear that Aggie, were you two close?" I ask her sending her my deepest sympathy

"As close as you could be with Susan. You see she has always had her guard up around people and she never allows people to get to close to her especially with old age. Her best friend Kathleen died three years ago, the day before she died they had planned to go out for lunch but they never got to do it and Susan has been distant ever since because she doesn't want to feel that pain again." Aggie explains to me and i can't help but feel bad for Susan having to go through that. I don't know what i would do if i lost my best friend.

"That sounds horrible" I tell her hating every word of what i was just told.

" Least she is with her friends and family again but poor Albert he's devastated" Aggie shares with me and i look at her confused having no idea who Albert is.

" Albert?"I say looking for answers

" Albert, they fell in love when they were children and got married, when they were in their forties they got a divorce and for some strange reason they both ended up in the same care home and they ended up falling in love with each other again" Aggie explains to me with and all i can think of is how difficult it must be to lose the love of your life and you are still alive having to deal with it.

"Least they managed to fall back in love and were given some more time together" I point out to her and the thing is there is many people out there who fell in love at a young age and things ended up not working out. Those people end up on bad terms and some can't even stay in the same room as each other. Not many get a second chance like that.

"Poor Albert" She repeats and i see her eyes beginning to well up.

"What's wrong?" I ask her feeling worried about her