Chapter 29-

Freya -

I fumble through my purse trying to find my keys to get into my dorm housing I stare down at my bag and i just freeze, my mind goes cloudy and all i can think about is her lifeless face as i stared down at her. I can't believe she's really gone. I hear a noise down the corridor and i lift my head bringing me back to reality, I turn my head and see kids laughing with each other. I can't even bring myself to smile, instead i grab a hold of my keys and put them in the the lock. I open my door and drag myself inside, I kick my black heels off my feet by my wardrobe and throw my purse on my bed. I unbutton my jacket and hang it up in the back of my wardrobe where it will be kept until the next time i have a funeral or a fancy dinner. I sit on the edge of my bed and i stare at my dress that is hanging on the outside of the wardrobe that i am meant to wear tonight at my henny party and i don't feel any happiness towards it. My mind was so focused on everything but what was going on around me that i barely even heard the knocking at my door.

"Freya, It's Chuck open up" I hear him shout from the other side of the door, I turn my head and look at the door emotionless, feeling numb inside. I feel so unmotivated that i don't even want to get off my bed to answer it, all i wanted to do was crawl in my bed and ignore the world.

"I will pick the lock" He says and i force myself off the bed and unlock the door, I see him standing there and just seeing his face makes me want to break. "Come here kid" I feel my chin begin to tremble and i launch myself into arms and hug him.

I let him inside and he closes the door behind him.

"You didn't change out your funeral clothes?" He points out to me and i look down at my lace dress and take a seat on my bed and take a hold of my pillow and hold it in front of me.

"I knew one day she would be gone but i never expected it to be this early. I never expected to feel so much pain, so much sorrow... Least she is with her family now" I share with him and i take the broach off my dress and hold it in my hand.

"I wanted to come check and make sure you were okay" He shares with me and i smile at him feeling grateful that he cared so much to come see me rather than just sending a text message or phone call.

"Thank you but i'll be fine" I lie to him hoping that he will believe me and stop asking questions.

"Don't do that" He instructs me shaking his head in disappointment.

"Do what?" I ask him pretending not to know

"Push me away when you're hurting" He answers me and i smirk at him knowing it's true

"I know, I try not too but sometimes i can't seem to help myself" I admit to him it's something i continue to struggle with.

"You're going to get through this and i will be beside you for every step of the way" He shares with em and takes a hold of my hand.

"I don't know what i would do without you" I smile at him and i rest my head on his shoulder. "You have been the glue that kept me together for the past few years".

"You looking forward to tonight?" He asks me and i look back over to my dress

"How can i celebrate getting married when i just went to a funeral of someone i love" I answer him shaking my head not feeling up to it at all.

"It might take your mind off some things" He suggests to me but i don't think it will be that easy, I take my head up off his shoulder and i turn and look at him.