Chapter 20

Cameron-

During my work lunch break i decided to meet up with the boys at McCallum Barn Yard for some food. Laine and Lewis sit opposite me while Anthony sits beside me. While we wait for our food i sit anxiously needing to talk to them about something... not something someone Freya. Exactly five days ago Freya asked Lauren and Becca to be her bridesmaid and then they broke her bed. I must admit it was rather funny especially when i walked in and saw their faces. Freya's been staying in my room since as her new bed doesn't arrive until the twenty third. Some nights she hasn't come to bed because she is too busy working away so i wake up and head downstairs to find her asleep in either the kitchen or study. It's funny to say but she has become one of the most important people in my life.

"Earth to Cam" Lewis says waving his hand in front of me to grab my attention, My mind focuses back on what i going on around me.

"Yeah" I reply acting like i was paying attention

"You alright?" Anthony asks me and i turn my head

"I want you guys to stand up there with me on the day of the wedding"I blurt out having no other idea what to say to them. I look over at my brother and he smirks at me and i know i might not have said the right words or rushed into it but hell who cares anymore.

" Dude i was going to be standing with you if you liked it or not" Lewis claims to me and i laugh at him because i know he would. I never thought me and Freya would get along but hell her and Lewis get on like a house on fire. Just two weeks ago she convinced him into giving her a piggyback around the garden while she held a beer bottle to his mouth and he had to drink it all without spilling, maybe they are just bad influences on each other. Come on it's Freya she appears to be a bad influence on everyone even those you don't expect. She even got Lewis's little Sister to cover their hands in paint and come into the house and they put their painted hands all over our face and clothes of course it turned into a paint fight and somehow the boys lost.

"You two have been there from the beginning and i thought you should be there for this day too" I tell Anthony and Lewis as they were my best friends. I didn't need to say a word to Laine because he was going to be right behind me on the day after he walks one of the girls down the aisle.

"I never expected this day too come" Anthony admits to me and i turn my head and agree with him because neither did i. In fact neither did anyone but it's only six months away and part of me is looking forward to it, as Freya keeps saying it's a fresh start, new beginnings. I just can't help but notice the closer the time comes the more Laine becomes distant, he's either at college, the library or when he is in the house he works away and barely sees anyone. I want my brother to be happy but i can't lose my family. I can't lose him.

As we are eating my phone begins ringing and i see it's a call from my uncle so i pick it up straight away.

"Uncle, what can i do you for?" I ask him expecting something to be up.

"I'm sorry to do this Cammy but i need you to work late tonight. Parker is out with a bug and we are short staffed and need these paper work into the system. I close my eyes and sign knowing tonight is the night of Freya's exhibition at the college.

"Is there no one else that can do it?" I ask him wanting to be there for her

"I'm sorry, tell Freya i'm really sorry" He apologises on the phone and wet my lips with my mouth

"It's fine, I'll make it up to her" I say over the phone to him

"Take your time on your lunch break, see you when you get back" He replies to me