Chapter Eighteen

I must've fallen asleep last night, because when I opened my eyes, the sun was peeking through my closed curtains of my hotel room. I groaned, sitting up and remembered the night before.

My phone buzzed in the back pocket of my jeans and I grabbed it and pulled it out. I looked at the screen and saw that Jacob was calling. I slide the green answer button to the left and held my phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I said, bracing myself for Erebus's voice or Kristillier's.

"Hey Anna, you ok?" answered Jacob's voice. I sighed with relief.

"Jacob, you're ok. I thought something happened to you," I said.

"No, I'm fine, but you weren't ok last night. What happened?" Jacob asked.

"It was...nothing. I was just tired is all," I said lying.

"I don't think it was nothing Anna. You were upset and you and I both know that," Jacob said.

"Ok, could we not talk about that now. Where are you guys anyway?" I asked.

"Same hotel as you, The Holiday Inn. We saw you get into the elevator. We asked the guy at the desk what room you were going to be in and he said 415. We're in room 403, just down the hall," Jacob said.

"Ok, is Erebus with you?" I asked.

"Yeah, he's here. He stayed up most of the night being the watchdog," Jacob said with a hint of annoyance in his voice. I let out a small laugh.

"I take it you didn't get much sleep," I said trying to hide my laugh.

"Yeah, I told him like five different times to give it a rest and just go to sleep already," Jacob answered with a sigh.

"Ok, well I'm fine. You seem to be doing okay, but can I talk to you alone in my room? I need to tell you something," I said biting my lower lip.

"Yeah, I'll be over in a sec," Jacob said and hung up. I hung up as well and not a moment later there came a soft knock at my door.

I got up and answered it. Jacob stood on the other side of the doorway and rushed in closing the door and locking it before he pulled me into his arms.

"I was so worried about you," he said against my hair.

"Trust me Jacob, I was more worried about you," I said against his chest. He pulled back and looked down at me. "So you wanted to tell me something?" Jacob asked as he and I went over and sat on the bed.

"Yeah, last night I realized something. It was never my fault that I lost my feelings for Liam and broke the bond. It was Selene. She changed one of my memories of Erebus. It was when I got married to Liam. You, Liam, Shay, Dane, and Bella were all talking and a man, Erebus, wanted to talk after the dollar dance so he took me upstairs and was asking if I was happy being with Liam and if I had feelings for you. I told him I loved Liam and I liked you, just not how I loved Liam," I explained and kept going on until I'd finished what I needed to say.

"So all along it was Selene? She made you have feelings for me and not Liam? But why? It doesn't make any sense," Jacob said.

"That's what I thought, but Erebus was part of it for telling me just to put it in my head so my memory could be changed later," I said.

"Is that why you sounded so worried on the phone?" Jacob asked.

"Well, not really. I thought Erebus had taken you back to Kristillier's once I left for the hotel," I answered.