Chapter Twenty-Three

"Selene?! What...why are you here?" I asked her in surprise as she approached me.

"Oh, sweet girl, look how far you've come. With the powers I've given you, you can rule! You are strong!" Selene said getting excitedly insane. Kristillier stepped forward and pulled Selene away from me.

"Selene is the one that gave me my powers?" I asked in confusion and shock.

"Yes. She is the one that gave you them from the beginning, but then she strengthened them after you came in to see her when you were getting 'sick' and the plan was so easy to follow," Kristillier explained.

"But why was I chosen? Why did my life change for all of this?" I asked, my hands tightening in my lap.

"Because of the prophecy. "A girl of human flesh, small and meek. She holds a great power that she will soon seek. A decision she will have to make, her life is one soon to take. A power she will soon find will force her to leave her old life behind. A war she must fight, under a full moon at midnight. To save the ones she has fallen for, or the one she loves more. In the end she must choose one, the beginning of the end has just begun," Selene said gazing at me with almost glassy eyes.

 Finally all the pieces of the puzzle all fall into place. Selene and Kristillier had been the two behind all of this. Kristillier said he was the one who sent me the Lapis Lazuli transporting ring, now my daylight ring, and Selene had given me my "powers".

"So, you knew Selene was the one who had given me powers even though I'm a vampire?" I asked Kristillier, trying to contain my anger.

"He knew, but also knew if he told you, you would try and stop him in some way, or run off," Selene said. I glared in her direction.

"I wasn't asking you, you hag," I growled. Selene's eyes widened in surprise, but then narrowed. In a second, I felt a searing pain fill my head. I cried out in pain and my hands flew to the sides of my head cradling it. Kristillier stepped forward and placed a hand on Selene's arm. A moment later the pain ceased in my head and I sat panting for breath.

"Next time think before you call a witch a hag," Selene hissed. I swallowed and looked at the both of them. An Original vampire, and a powerful witch. I knew I didn't stand a chance against them.

"This girl is going to need a lot of hurt and pain to get what she deserves," Selene said sternly gazing at me.

"I'll take it from here Selene. I'll come get you when it's time," Kristillier said. Selene nodded and with one final look at me, she left the room. Kristillier came over to me and circled behind my chair, trailing his finger along the back of the chair. "You're pushing your luck too much Anna, I would really just give up," Kristillier said softly.

"I have given up Kristillier. I'm here, useless with no one to help me. What more do you want?" I asked suppressing a growl.

"I want to see your two little boyfriends see how you betrayed them. For you to forget that you loved them, and only me," Kristillier said leaning down next to my face.

I bit my lower lip as I felt Kristillier's finger slide beneath my chin and turn my head to look at him.

My face was mere inches from his as I noticed his eyes trail down to my lips.

Kristillier leaned down and pressed his mouth against my own. My face contorted in disgust and I managed to pull away.

"Kris please stop. I don't need this right now," I said looking into his emerald eyes. He sighed and stood up.

"You haven't always been easy to get to Anna. I can break you at times, but you're slowly becoming harder to crack," Kristillier said as he walked away from me.

He went to the door and looked back at me. Without another word, he left the room.

I waited a few minutes before I stood up and stretched since I wasn't tied down to the chair.

I walked around the room knowing none of what was going to happen would end well.

With anger I punched the wall I was closest to leaving a fist sized hole.

I didn't feel the pain and turned from the wall to find Erebus standing a few feet from me.

My eyes widened as I rushed to him. I hugged him and buried my face in his chest fighting the happy tears.

"W...what are you doing here?" I asked.

"I came to get you," Erebus answered. My face became worried.

"Oh no. You can't. You have to go. I've already made my choice, Erek," I said looking up at him.

"Your choice?" he asked in confusion.

"I...I told Kristillier I would join him and help him, but it was to save you, Liam, Jacob and everybody else that I care about!" I said trying to keep from yelling.

"You mean, you would rather risk your own life to save those you dearly love?" Erebus asked. I nodded and stepped back.

"I know it's something you, Liam and Jacob don't approve of, but all of this was bound to happen," I said.

"Bound to happen? There is no bound to happen Anna because you made it happen. You chose for it to happen," Erebus growled beginning to become angered.

"Well, you can't stop it now, I've already made my choice and I can't back out of it," I said back with a huff. There was a moment of silence before Erebus spoke again.

"He's tricking you. Using you as a matter of fact," he said. I looked up at him and glared.

"Kristillier isn't using me. I'd trust him on that," I snapped.

"Really? You mean out of all he's done to you, hurt you deeply and you trust him that he isn't using you?" Erebus asked almost in surprise.

I nodded and held back my frustration I was beginning to have with Erebus.

"Look, you need to go. Kris is going to come back soon and if he sees you here, he's going to be upset," I said.

"So, you're calling him Kris now? What, are you two in love or something? I thought you were madly in love with Liam and Jacob?" Erebus asked.

A growl rumbled in my throat and I felt my power slowly come to my hands.

"I've always called Kristillier Kris. I don't have feelings for him," I hissed.

My eyes flared red and I turned my head away and closed my eyes to calm down. "Just go," I said quietly.

"Anna I-" Erebus started.

"I said go! Please just go!" I yelled tears springing to my eyes. Erebus sighed and looked at me.

"Anna, please don't do this. Liam and Jacob are going to be upset with you and you're going to hurt them the longer you stay with Kristillier," Erebus said.

"I'm doing this because of the prophecy! Surely you heard about that. How else could I've gotten myself here?" I asked, looking at Erebus.

"The prophecy? When did you hear about that?" he asked.

"Selene explained it to me. I now know how I got my powers. She was behind it all. She and Kristillier planned all of it," I explained. Erebus let out a big sigh.

"Of course. Who of all people but that snitch of a witch," Erebus said roughly.

"Look, now that you know, can you please go? I promise I'll be able to handle this by myself," I said. Erebus nodded and then was dissolved by his shadows. A moment later the door opened and Kristillier and Selene came in. Selene looked at me.

"It is time,"