Chapter Thirty

I got back home and closed the door. Liam hurried to the entryway and let out a sigh of relief.

"You're ok," he said as he pulled me into his arms and kissed me. After a moment, he stepped back slightly. "So, any news?" he asked.

"Jacob's ok. Kristillier doesn't have him," I said softly.

"That's great, now you can stop worrying," Liam said brightly.

"Not yet, Kristillier's still alive," I reminded him.

"Right, well the war is in two days and I'm pretty sure you're well prepared for it," Liam said.

"That's what I'm worried about, Liam. I don't know if Kristillier is really telling the truth or not. What if I'm not ready for something this big Liam?" I asked.

"You're ready, trust me," he answered. The sun was coming up beyond the horizon, casting a soft golden low throughout the room. Footsteps were heard as Erebus came down the stairs.

"Morning," he greeted. I nodded quietly. Erebus looked at me concerned. "You ok, Anna?" he asked, approaching me.

"She's just worried," Liam said stepping in.

"I wasn't really asking you, Liam," Erebus said tensely.

"Guys, don't fight now," I said tiredly. I brushed past them and trudged upstairs to my bedroom. Once, I got there, I closed the door. My head was killing me and I was dying of hunger.

I was going to need to go grab a bite to eat. I took to the streets in search of an open bar. I found one, "Vizzy's Bar and Grill" and went inside. It was pretty quiet inside, except for the soft snoring of a man passed out at the counter.

I crept over to him and pulled back his shirt collar, preparing to drink, when the kitchen door open. I quickly sat up and pretended to look at the drink menu.

"Can I help you?" the man asked. He was about in his early thirties with black curly hair and dark chocolate brown eyes. He looked italian.

"Huh? Oh, no thanks," I said politetly with a smile. The man looked at me skeptically with narrowed eyes.

"You look at bit young to be in here at the counter," he said, looking me over.

"I'm old enough," I said.

"ID?" he asked. I pulled out my drivers license and began to hand it over when he grabbed my hand and stabbed the wooden counter with a pocket knife just inches from my fingers. "Don't think I didn't just see you try and make a snack out of this drunk a few minutes ago," the man growled. My eyes widened and I panicked. "I know what you are. Many of your kind come in here to pick up poor innocent souls and devour them. It's sick!" he spat. I managed to get of his grasp and sat back.

"L...look sir. I'm sorry I didn't mean to-" I started.

"No need for sorry. I've got a few bags in the back, I'd be happy to give you. I just don't want you feeding off people here," he said, pulling the pocket knife out of the counter. He then went back in to the kitchen.

A moment later, he returned with two blood bags in hand and slid them over to me. I quickly uncapped the first bag and drank hungrily. It was fine at first, but then a familiar acid feeling hit my throat and I began to choke. Vervain.

I collapsed to the floor, trying to get up, but the man hopped over the counter and stuck me with more Vervain, knocking me out fully.

When I awoke, I found myself strapped in a chair. I felt beat up and tired. My vision was a bit fuzzy, but I was able to make out familiar surroundings.The large fireplace, leather armchairs, a posh living space. I shook my arms in the bonds, but I couldn't break them.

"Well, well, well. Isn't this a surprise," Kristillier's voice came from the kitchen. I put my head back against the chair.

"I'm guessing you were expecting me Kristillier," I said tiredly.

"Well, I was surprised to find that Filo was able to do his job," Kristillier said, approaching me.

"Guess the entrance I was hoping to make for the war isn't going to happen anymore," I said, causing Kristillier to laugh.

"I don't need entrances dear. There's no effect to them," he said carelessly. "You know, I've grown tired of waiting for this war, so I think I might start it a little early," he continued.

"And what, mess up the prophecy?" I snarled.

"The prophecy! That's right! How could I forget?" Kristillier exclaimed. "Well, I guess I could wait a few more hours. Time passed while you were out," he said. I looked to the clock. It was 10 p.m. Filo must've drugged me hard. I turned back to Kristillier.

"So, what're you planning to do while we wait?" I asked.

"Ah, I already have a plan," he answered. Kristillier unlatched the bonds and allowed me to stand up. He led me upstairs to his bedroom and once inside, he went over to the closet and pulled out a bagged outfit.

 He came over and laid it on the bed before unzipping the bag to reveal black leather. I looked at it while Kristillier pulled it out and held it up for my inspection. It was a black leather jacket with black leather pants. I turned my gaze to the open closet to find a matching pair of black leather combat boots.

"Go put this on," Kristillier said handing the outfit over. I took it and then left to go change. I out the outfit on quickly and then looked in the mirror. The jacket and pants fit every curve of my body and kinda reminded me of the outfit Selene wore in Underworld. 

I hated how good it looked on me, but after the war, I'd be free to take it off. I exited the bathroom for Kristillier to see. "Wow! Look at you gorgeous!" he exclaimed, his eyes brightening. "I have just a few add ons," he continued.

He grabbed this feathered shoulder cap cape and clipped it to the clips on the jacket. Then he handed me a black masquerade mask. It had raven black feathers completely cover it with flared winged tips.

 Around the eyes, small diamonds were enlayed. Kristillier came around me and put it on. When I opened my eyes, a full-length mirror stood before me. A person different than me looked back. She was deadly and dangerous, but a stunning beauty also showed.

My eyes were lightened by the black, making me even more mezmorizing.

"I...I don't know whether I love it or hate it," I said.

"I think you love it more than you hate it," Kristillier said. "Now, the only thing I want you to do is keep that mask on. Do not take it off, understand?" he asked. I nodded that I understood as Kristillier armed with me a sword and two stakes, strapping them to my hips. With a final look over, Kristillier smiled. "I think you're complete and ready to fight," he said and then led me from the room. The war was soon to begin.