Epilogue

"Mommy! Mommy! Look at me!"

I smiled and watched my six year old son, Jae, dart around in the sunny summer sun, trying to learn the secrets of flitting.

"I almost got it Mommy!" he cried and sprinted as fast as his little legs could carry him. I laughed softly, watching his little chubby face contort in frusterated concentration as he dashed from one side of the yard to the other.

"That's wonderful honey!" I said as he finished and walked over to me, arms out extended. I picked him up and sat him against my hip. "You'll get there soon, it just takes some practice," I told him softly.

"I bet Uncle Jacob would be proud of me," Jae said. Liam and I decided to name Jae after Jacob  in honor of him.

"Yes dear. He would be very proud," I said softly, becoming saddened. Suddenly Jae's eyes lit up.

"Daddy!" he cried and leapt out of my arms to the ground and ran past me to Liam, who was coming out through the double french doors.

"Hey there sport!" Liam said as he caught Jae and gathered him in his arms. "What were you showing Mommy?" Liam asked and I uttered a soft giggle.

"I was showing Mommy how fast I could run!" Jae cried happily and bubbled with laughter.

"Oh, that's wonderful Jae. Did you want to show me?" Liam asked him. Jae nodded his head and Liam set him down. Jae soon took off and Lia smiled before coming behind me as I felt his strong arms lock themselves around my waist. "One day, he'll be just like him, like Jacob," Liam said softly in my ear.

"Hopefully not snarky and jealous like Jacob used to be," I answered. Remembering Jacob really hurt and I hadn't realized how close I had gotten to him, until he was gone. "I miss him, Liam," I said as I felt my eyes begin to water.

"Hey, I know you do. I do as well, but he is always with us," Liam said, wiping away a tear that had escaped. I pressed my lips together and looked up at him. "Just know, that you are going to make a wonderful, amazing and beautiful mother," he said and smiled as he turned me around and kissed me sweetly on my lips. I instantly wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back.

A whirl of emotions stormed inside of me as I let myself go.

"Ugh! Mom! Dad! Not infront of me!" Jae whined, his raven black hair falling back from his forehead. I giggled as I pulled away from Liam. I turned to Jae and crouched down infront of him.

"Sorry honey," I said with a smile as I rustled his hair. His button nose scrunched up, raising his cuteness. I then saw someone standing a few feet ahead of me off in the distance. I raised my eyes to see Jacob in his black leather jacket and outfit standing near the tree line. I closed my ees for a moment before opening them, but Jacob was gone.

"Are you okay Mommy?" Jae asked me. I looked back at him.

"Yes dear, just a bit worn out is all," I answered.

"Oh," he said before running off to play again. I sighed and stood up.

"I think I'll head in for awhile. Can you watch Jae?" I asked Liam. He nodded and then I headed inside. I slowly made my way upstairs to the bedroom and went in. I closed the door and turned around, walking towards the bed when a familiar voice came from behind me.

"He has your eyes," I spun around quickly to find Jacob behind me.

"Jacob!" I cried and flung myself into his arms finding him solid. "A...are you alive? You were dead, I saw you die..." I said pulling back to look him in the face.