THREE

i put me above you and honestly i think i fucked it up__Time had passed and Jungkook hadn't returned to Taehyung's room after the encounter

__
Time had passed and Jungkook hadn't returned to Taehyung's room after the encounter.

Whenever the urge appeared, he thought of the look in Tae's eyes. The look of pure fear and confusion. A gaze that lacked any familiarity.

Since Nari had announced Tae's PTA, Jungkook felt so dazed. Life had been a blur after that.

The boy didn't know what he wanted to do anymore.

He didn't want to move on from Tae, but how could he stay for a boy who didn't even remember him? And, once Taehyung's memory returned, Jungkook highly doubted he'd want him back after everything.

Currently, he was sat in one of the lounges of the Jeon household, his eyes resting over a certain pillow a few feet away.

Memories of late night pillow fights with his ex flashed through his mind. Images of that exact yellow pillow flying through the air and hitting Jungkook square in the face. The sound of Tae's laughter.

Now he sat alone, in silence.

A knock at the room's door disturbed the quiet, making him turn to catch sight of his father. The man stood, still and reserved, with an expression made of stone.

"Jungkook." His father spoke, moving to sit on the other side of the sofa.

"Yes, father?" The boy's voice was monotone, little emotion or expression within the words.

Without speaking, the man slid out two movie tickets and slid them towards Jungkook. The boy raised a brow in confusion, taking the paper between his fingers as he gazed at them.

"What?"

"These are for you and the daughter of a fellow company." His father said stiffly. "It's this friday. If you have plans, cancel them."

Jungkook sucked in a sharp breath. Were his hands...shaking?

This felt so wrong.

A date. Huh.

Normally, Jungkook wouldn't care, because all the girls his dad sent his way were pretty.

But now he had met Taehyung.

This felt so, so wrong.

He couldn't let himself fall for anyone but Tae. Jungkook refused to hurt the boy, even if he never received the other's love ever again.

"I can't." Jungkook's statement was quiet.

"You what?" His father hissed. The boy kindly slid the tickets back to his father.

"I can't." This time, he sounded more confident. "I won't."

"This isn't a question, Jungkook." The man warned through his clenched teeth.

"Father," Jungkook stood up. "This is me. I'll choose who I'll wait for. I will be the one who decides the people that receive my love."

His father's face was turning red in anger, the man also on his feet. He began to shake his head in disbelief. "What would your mother sa-"

"You know what?" Jungkook felt adrenaline begin to rush throughout his entire body. His instincts screamed for him not to say what he had next. Yet, the words rolled off his tongue before he could stop himself;

"I like guys, dad."

A beat of silence.

"A- and," Jungkook stuttered.
"I think I'm in love."
__