SEVENTEEN

i see the look in your eye and i'm biting my tongue ___*say the name ;)___"Look, Kook, you good?" Jongwoo questioned, stopping his brother from exiting the car and entering the hospital

i'm biting my tongue
___
*say the name ;)
___
"Look, Kook, you good?" Jongwoo questioned, stopping his brother from exiting the car and entering the hospital.

One hand grasping the younger's arm, the boy turned to stare at his older brother.

Jongwoo frowned at the obvious dark circles beneath boy's eyes, something within his brother looked so...exhausted. It pained him.

"It's all good." Jungkook chuckled, flashing a bunny smile. Shrugging off his brother's firm grip, he quickly left the car. "Don't wanna be late on my first day," he stated, rushing through the doors at a quick pace.

"Just remember Nari and I will be out shopping for a bit-" Jongwoo tried, calling after his brother before trailing off. He gazed sadly at the back of the boy.

Something wasn't right.
___
Drumming his fingers against the front desk, Jihyo quickly called Chanyeol down.

Within a few minutes of small talk between the secretary and Jungkook, the curly haired giant appeared.

A dimpled smile and a welcoming greeting, Jungkook followed the man beside him towards their unit.

Towards Taehyung's unit.

"Now here's some tips," Chanyeol began, waving to doctors passing by. "Don't ask how they got there. Don't talk about their past before this unless they're willing. We're Helpers, we don't pry."

Jungkook gulped, nodding. It wouldn't be that hard, since he was part of Taehyung's past.

"Encourage whatever growth and new fascinations they have. Our job is to make them realize that life is worth living." Chanyeol said, voice firm. "Everyone deserves a happy ending."

Once again, the boy nodded.

At an alarming speed, they had reached their given sector. Pulling his hospital card from his back pocket, Chanyeol unlocked the doors.

"When-"

"You'll get your card by tomorrow. They're taking pictures later, so try not to get anything on your face."

As soon as they entered, a happy voice squealed: "Channie~~"

Baekhyun threw his arms around the tall beanstalk, a wide smile on his face.

Jungkook watched awkwardly. His mind slowly began to move as he realized the boy lowkey reminded him of Taehyung. Their similar features were quite a beginner to that saga.