TWELVE

things were never gonna stay the same___The day of the interview was now upon Jungkook

___
The day of the interview was now upon Jungkook.

To say he was fretful was an understatement.

"You sure my hair looks okay?"
Jungkook asked, nervously fiddling with his freshly dyed black hair. As his hair had been dyed brown for the longest time, the Jeons had decided he needed a change.

"For fuck's sake- yes, it looks fine Kook." Jongwoo groaned, slowly stopping the car mid traffic due to a red light.

Turning his head, Jongwoo observed his younger brother. The black hair suited him well, and it was a shocking look now that he had gotten used to Jungkook being a brunet.

Clearing his throat, Jongwoo glanced back onto the road. "You have the resume, right?" He asked, earning a curt nod from Jungkook.

The street light flicked to green. Jongwoo glanced once more at Jungkook.

In a split second, he quickly observed the boy's fearful manner. His brother's eyes were wide as he nodded his head off beat to the song playing on the car's stereo. The tension was one of nervous anticipation.

A honk came from a car behind Jongwoo, causing him to jump. Loosening his foot on the brakes, he drifted through traffic.

The car settled into an odd state of silence. It wasn't comfortable, but it wasn't awkward.

Finally, Jongwoo spoke softly:
"You're going to do great, Kook."

Jungkook simply nodded, gulping.
"I hope so."
___
"Jeon Jungkook?"
A voice called, causing the aforementioned to turn.

There stood a tall, rigid woman. Her cheekbones were raised and she carried herself with a sense of high elegance.

Jungkook gave a small bow.

She smiled curtly, beckoning for him to follow her to a nearby table within the cafe. 

Jungkook enjoyed the smell of the fresh coffee, the ambience soft. Everyone seemed content. Although the cafe was on a rather strange street, with plenty of druggies and alcoholics, the small place was rather...beautiful? Like a diamond in the rough.

"Take a seat, Mr. Jeon." The lady's voice was monotone, her mannerisms matching those of a robot. It sort of intimidated the poor eight teen year old before him.

He slid her his resume.

And so, the interview began.