TWENTY FOUR

what if i'm someone i don't want around __Jungkook felt numb

__
Jungkook felt numb.

Not just from the cold of the night, but something inside his heart felt...dead. Everything was blank. Colours felt gray, his emotions dull and watered down.

Gently opening the door to his home, the boy took a tentative step inside. The cold breeze nipped at the back of his neck, making him shiver and rush to close the door.

With the dark of the night, the Jeon household was sleepy and lacking light. Moonlight filtered through the many windows, helping Jungkook make his way through the house.

It was late, and no one appeared to be awake. The boy must have spent more time on that building than he thought...

Taking another step, he felt himself yawn. Perhaps sleep wouldn't be a bad idea? It would be an escape from all of this.

Maybe his subconscious could spare him from reality...even for just a couple hours.

Suddenly, a light flicked on. Cringing, Jungkook squinted. He held a hand to shield his eyes, grunting at the harsh lighting.

A shaky breath sounded from somewhere a couple feet away.

"Where were you?"

Nari stood, hands shaking. She was dressed in childish pyjamas: a thrifted oversized tee and a pair of banana pyjama pants.

Jungkook would have tried to joke, but he faltered at the look in her eyes.

His sister's eyes were glossy and wet, tear stained from crying. They were wide, revealing her frantic emotions in the absence of her brother.

Lip quivering, Nari sobbed and threw her arms around her brother. Jungkook stumbled, but hugged her none the less.

He gulped, obviously taken aback. Someone had noticed his absence? That was truly a surprise.

He didn't think anyone truly cared anymore.

"I was out." Jungkook mumbled, attempting to remain vague. Troubling Nari wouldn't fix anything.

"But where? You're- fuck- it's nearly midnight, Kook!" His sister exclaimed, gesturing towards a clock a couple feet away. Tears fell further past her eyes, falling down her face like miniature waterfalls.

"It's okay. I'm- I'm okay." Jungkook tried, feeling his sister's grip tighten. Her fingers dug into his back, as if he would slip away if she loosened her grasp.