TWENTY

the skies are vast and no one's a familiar face,but i'm not afraid__The rest of the night, Tae was in a good mood

no one's a familiar face,
but i'm not afraid
__
The rest of the night, Tae was in a good mood.

Baekhyun questioned him repeatedly, the two eager to gossip about their helpers. Apparently Chanyeol was the biggest sweetheart, and still slept with stuffed animals!

As the sun began to set, the duo's small room was coloured with hues of orange. The walls were coated in pink sunlight, slowly blending into gold.

Looking outside their window, Tae couldn't help but feel his heart expand three times its size.

The sky was a mix of purples, pinks, oranges and yellows. The clouds had changed from their plain white and dark white (*cough cough* gray *cough*) tones to match the colours of the sinking sun.

The golden glow of outside filtered upon the boy's face, and he smiled in awe.

The snow was beginning to melt outside, ice turning to small patches of grass. Spring was beginning, and Winter was coming to an official end.

Spring. The season of growth. The season of life.

Tae continued to gaze at the sunset, his mind astray as he processed the entire day.

A couple footsteps and soft hums behind him helped the boy realize Baekhyun was preparing for bed.

"The sky's so beautiful." Tae breathed, glancing back at his friend. The older nodded, shrugging on an oversized tee and pulling up a pair of penguin pyjama pants. It was a great match for an outfit.

"The- the sunset is...is really pretty." Baekhyun agreed, running a hand through his messy hair. The younger watched as the boy smiled before jumping onto his bed with an oof!

As the older slowly drifted to sleep, Tae sat in silence. He didn't want to sleep. He wanted to admire the beauty of outside.

It seemed like forever since he last went outside.

The sky was so pretty. Every hill, every part of the city's horizon presented before him giving him goosebumps.

Sometimes it was amazing to think. To think about all the other people alive on the planet. To consider that every moment there could be a new life, someone's birthday, or a couple who just shared their first 'I love you'.

So much was occurring on this planet. It amazed Tae to think about how many people could be living the best day of their lives right now.