Enter the Beast

Chapter Sixteen

"Nevermore quoteth the Raven."
~Edgar Allan Poe, The Raven.

"There's a temple up ahead." Medusa points out as Wanda tries to holds herself tight in the frigid night with her hood, shaking so much she could barely feel her fingertips.
"Allow me please." Medusa gently asks as her hair covers Wanda as it pulls her best to Medusa, she never thought hair could be this warm as she slowly begins to shake less.

"Thank you your highness." She exhales as the queen was about to says something before she heard the faintest screams from deep within the temple.

"We aren't alone here."

"Whatever it is we can handle it your highness, probably some animals fighting." Wanda tried to be optimistic as she just wanted to go inside to get warmer.

The temple looked thousands of years old but it's location was in a odd area. Medusa couldn't understand why a temple that looks like it belongs in a desert would be in this frigid location. They carefully enter, Medusa pulling out one of her blades and tendrils of her hair wave around the air ready to attack. She notice Uatu was gone but wasn't phased by that but then even Wanda heard the faint gruelling sounds as she felt a burst of heat as they entered deeper into the temple. They hear sounds of conflict as Wanda's hands glow for combat.

A short, hairy, muscular man without a shirt slashes a man's head off with ease and slices across another man in a orange outfit as blood flies everywhere. He ducks a blade being swung at him as he slices across the man's knee stabs right through his head with the other hand. He roars as he slices another man's name completely off and finishes the last one with a stab through the head.

"Enough!" Cried out Medusa as the man turns around swiftly enraged, showing the metallic claws protruding out of his hands as Medusa's tendrils fly towards his hands but he swiftly grabs the two of them and lops them off without effort.

*Incredible, he cut off my steel-like hair like a flimsy piece of wet paper!* Medusa looked on in amazed as Logan starts charging at her barely giving her anytime to even react as she manages to avoid a swipe of the claws as it cuts right through her hair tendrils before more of them constricts him down.

"Please understand we do not wish to fight you, we arrived here accidentally." Medusa calmly explains as the man slowly calms down.

"You're not with the guys?" He grunts.

"Of course not were with each other and we're on a important mission to save the multiverse."

"First time I'm hearing about it, who are you?" He squints at them as he's being released.

"I'm Queen Medusa and this is Wanda Maximoff."

"Okay ladies clearly your busy now get outta here and leave me alone." He begins to walk away.

"What are you afraid of Logan?" Wanda says as he turns back around angry.

"How the hell you know my name? And I ain't afraid of nothing!" He snaps.

Wanda's eye glow red and a tear rolls down her face.

"You're not the only one whose lost alot Logan." She says as he restrains himself and sits down on a broken pillar.

"Everytime I work with others someone ends up dying regardless of who. What's happening with the multiverse that you want someone like me to join you." He looks up to see Wanda hovering above him, her cape flaying in the air as her red eyes stare him down.

"Thanos." A icy tone escapes her mouth.

"What is Thanos?"

"A evil tyrant bastard who killed most of my family and half my universe." The hatred in her voice spewed out like the dark of night as Logan could feel the heat of her rage burning through her eyes unlike anything he's seen before.

"I WANT HIM DEAD." Her voice deepened as Logan got the point entirely, frightening even Medusa in the corner. She was hovering right in front of his face at this point.

"Okay, anything else you wanna tell me besides your anger towards him?"

"HE HAS A EMPIRE AND WILL GO ACROSS THE MULTIVERSE AND KILL HALF OF EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE HE'LL GO." She bellowed managing to make him flinch.

"Okay I'm in." He says as she collapses in his arms, tears rolling down her sadden face.

"I know some people who can help." Logan says to Medusa.

Chapter 16!!! *90s X-Men intro plays*