Chapter 5: A Date Under The Moonlight

Bendy stopped at the front door, digging his feet into the wood as Sammy tugged him along. He had never even stepped foot outside the studio before and he wasn't even sure if he could or not. Sammy let go of his hand to clock off, "Come on, bud." he said, putting out his hand again after he had slipped the card into the slot.

"What if I can't go out?" Bendy asked with a worried look.

Sammy opened the door and walked out into the moonlight, "Just try, if you can't you can't, you won't know unless you give it a go" he said, putting out his arms. "Come on, if you get through there's a hug waiting" he said.

Bendy giggled and took a step forward, gazing up at the sky he could see from the doorway. He focused on the moon instead of what was in front of him. Soon, Sammy had lifted him up into his arms and given him a very delightful cuddle. "Well done, see? You can leave," he said.

Bendy smiled, eyes still on the skies.

Oh what beauty the stars were.

Sammy turned around to look up too, his own eyes glittering as they reflected the moon,

"Beautiful huh?" the Musician said,

"Breathtaking" Bendy agreed.

They both jumped in shock as they heard a loud beep of an automobile nearby, Lewis's car had just pulled up to the sidewalk. Sammy walked over and opened the back door, placing Bendy in the back seat. He made sure Bendy's seat belt was on before he closed the door and hopped into the passenger side. "Hi Lewis!" Bendy said happily, giving the man a wave.

"Good evening, Bendy, have a good day?"

Bendy shrugged "Same old work, same old routine, you?"

"Mine was good thank you," the man said, smiling at Sammy.

"You look simply dashing," Lewis said, giving him a charming smile.

Sammy was quite lucky it was too dark to see him blush.

Bendy giggled from the back seat.

~

Sammy gasped as Lewis led them up the hill, the moonlight made it easier to see clearly the picnic waiting for them at the top. "I thought it would be a beautiful night for a picnic," Lewis said, giving Sammy a smile as the man set Bendy down on the grass.

Sammy nodded, "It is indeed" he said, watching as Bendy laid down on the grass to view the stars better, "You okay there, Bendy?" he asked.

Bendy nodded and twisted himself so that he rolled down the hill, giggling as he disappeared into the darkness, he was definitely enjoying himself.

"Should we go get him?" Lewis asked, sitting down on the picnic blanket and lighting the lantern's candle with a match.

Sammy shook his head. "He'll be fine," he said.

Lewis held out a bottle of wine. "Would you like some?"

Sammy nodded. "Yes, please."

Bendy came running back with a cat in his arms, the poor creature wriggling in his arms and making a furious hissing noise as it tried to free itself from the ink demon's grip.

"Sammy! What's this!?" Bendy asked, holding out the black creature.

Sammy chuckled "That's a cat, Bendy, put it down."

So it wasn't an ink demon? Strange.

Bendy did as he was told and the cat sprinted off, making Bendy burst into laughter as it scampered away. Lewis chuckled, taking a sip of his drink. "Easily amused isn't he?" he asked, giving Sammy a gentle nudge.