Chapter 14: Lost Tapes

Start Tape "Unfortunately the specimens the Ink Machine produces don't hold long. Except one...But it doesn't matter...We finally have progress...I've done a bit more research on why the projects are failing, and Tom reckons its because they need something to hold on to. End Tape.

Start Tape "It hurt like the damn! But it was worth it! I finally have him! My perfect Bendy! He doesn't appear to be able to talk yet, but he can mimic well, to the future my good friend!" End Tape

Start Tape "I know this is probably j-just an excuse and I know you d-don't care, because I'm a shitty person for all I've done. But, b-but I need to say this! I'm sorry! For everything that has and is yet to be! I went too f-far! And now the d-darkness is c-consuming my mind, taking o-over and distorting my s-sense of...R-Reality...I..I...I drank the i-ink, injected it into m-my veins in the h-hopes it w-would fix my illness....But no...I'm...Sorry...I......." End Tape

Start Tape "Babysitting Audrey and John has proven very time consuming...little rascals touch everything, and scream and run about my apartment like it's a damn playground. But! I have found myself a decent test subject in Audrey, if my future plans don't work out I have a Plan B!" End Tape

~

"Why didn't Joey just get treatment?" Bendy asked, picking at his food as they ate away at the mountain the Stein family had prepared.

"....Medical facilities are rotten" Sammy said, chewing on a potato, his words laced with poison and hurt.

Bendy continued to blabber on about the things that he was curious about, but Sammy wasn't listening to his words. He had dissociated and was currently staring off into the distance as he swirled the thin layer of gravy on his plate with his cutlery, his food barely eaten. Bendy looked up at Sammy and poked his leg as the man didn't answer his question, "Sammy? Are you okay?"

"Huh?"

"I asked if you think Henry should have just kidnapped Joey and taken him to the Hospital against his will" the ink demon asked.

"Oh...I don't know..." Sammy said, sniffling as tears ran down his face, Bendy frowned "Sammy? Are you okay?" he asked, concerned that something was upsetting his friend.

Bendy jumped onto his lap and started purring, trying to sooth his upset friend. "Whatever it is, it's okay," the ink demon reassured.

"It isn't...But I'm trying to get over it." Sammy said, "But it's just so hard..."

"Can you tell me what happened?" Bendy asked, settling down on his lap as the others ate silently. Sammy shook his head and pushed Bendy's plate over for him, "N-No y-you're a kid you shouldn't have to deal with me" he said, setting his fork down on the table.

"I've been drunk. I've killed, and I've had to deal with Joey's abuse. I think I'm up for whatever's bothering you," Bendy insisted, shoving some chicken into his mouth.

Sammy sniffled, "...Have you heard of electric shock therapy?" he asked, stroking Bendy's head as the ink demon purred softly at the attention. Henry's eyes widened at the statement and John tensed, but they both stayed quiet as Bendy shook his head.

"No, what do they do? Make you stand in a lightening storm?" Bendy joked, trying to lighten the mood a tad. Sammy flinched violently and sighed "They strap you to a machine and zap you with volts..." he mumbled, fiddling with the flower printed tablecloth. Bendy grimaced "Why?" he asked, trying to balance some peas on his fork, his tongue poking out the corner of his mouth as he concentrated.

"Because they think I'm not normal..." Sammy answered, "They thought my depression was unnatural...Same with my queerness."

Bendy set his fork down and stood up, nudging his chin and purring loudly as the man sobbed. "Theres nothing wrong with you!" he said. "You're perfect just the way you are! And if those bastards didn't see that, then they're the ones that need volts in their brains! Not you!" he argued.