Chapter 19: Outside

Bendy bounced up and down excitedly by the front door as Henry tugged on his jacket and grabbed the car keys. "Where to first? Town? Library? Movies? Art Store? Supermarket?" his inky son babbled. Henry chuckled and patted his head as he helped Linda with her jacket "Calm down, bud, please? We're not even out the door yet"

"Well, you're energetic, so probably not the library" Linda said, giving Henry a teasing smirk.

Henry played along "Oh no, loud children don't get to go to the library, thats only a place for quiet kiddos."

Bendy squished his face and made a strange noise "But it has books!" he whined.

"The library is a quiet place, can you do that for me?" Henry asked, tucking the cap Linda passed him over Bendy's horns. Bendy grinned and pretended to zip his lips with a gloved hand. But as soon as they were in the car, his chatter spilled over "Can I get a library card!? And get some books!? Oh please!?" he asked.

"We'll build that bridge when we get to it" Henry said, waiting for the car engine to warm up before he pulled down the driveway.

~

The library was quiet when they got there, being a Sunday most of the town's folk were at church this time of the day. The small quantity of people that weren't glanced at Bendy now and then in confusion as he walked passed him. A few kids squealed and hid behind the bookshelves, watching him with wide eyes and wonderment.

Bendy, meanwhile, was unaware of the people's fear and was flitting about the shelves, enjoying seeing so many wondrous things to read and all the vibrant colours of the book covers. Henry stayed close to his inky son, making sure he didn't wander off and get lost. "You sure like it here. I bet it's better than Sammy's poetry"

"I like Sammy's stuff, but here there's so much more to read and learn! Oooo" Bendy pulled out a few books he had spotted "I didn't know they had books on me!" he exclaimed, holding up a comic book for Henry to look at.

"Yeah, there are a few of them" his dad replied.

Bendy started yanking them all out and piling them by his foot, he had every intent on reading them all. Henry chuckled as Linda waved another comic book at him, some kid had left it on the table behind them. He himself had helped draw the many comics printed on its already faded pages. The edges worn out from the many fingers of children flipping through it.

"Such an amazing artist, I'm so proud" she said, putting it on the ever growing pile.

Henry blushed, and his wife smiled at his flustered features.

"CHEESE AND CRACKERS! YOU'RE REAL!?" a kid yelled, his voice in utter hysterics as he noticed the toon pulling books out from the wooden shelves.

Bendy giggled, "Shhhh! this is a library! You can't yell!" he whispered loudly.

Henry smiled "Hi, I'm Henry Stein, what's your name, kid?"

"Harry Franks" Harry replied.

Henry looked a little shocked, "Harry? You're Wally's kid? Correct?"

"Yes!! I remember your name now, Dad worked with you!" Harry said, bouncing on the balls of his feet.

Wally peered around a bookshelf, a book titled Mops Through The Ages in his hands "Harry? Oh...Hello Bendy. What are you doing here!? Oh, hey Henry! Never mind" he said, smiling as he noticed his friend.

"Hey Wally!" Henry smiled "We decided it was time"

Wally chuckled nervously but visibly relaxed "That's good, I suppose, can't really keep him contained."