Chapter 18: Happy Creation Day, Bendy!

"Bendy? Can you hear me?"

The toon opened his eyes yet again to the inky dripping darkness around him, and unable to move a muscle or even blink.

"J-Joey?" he asked,

"Ah, so you do remember me this time" the voice said,

"What do you want?" Bendy grumbled.

Joey appeared, looking melted and strange, and covered head to toe in ink, except his eyes and smile "I told you, I want you"

Bendy frowned "For what?" he snapped.

Joey chuckled. "As much as I love to spin a good story, I'm afraid the answer will remain a secret, my boy."

"Where even are you? What is this place?"

"We are inside your heart, your mind, and your very being. I'm just happily tucked away inside you, waiting for the perfect opportunity to take what's mine."

Bendy felt his blood run cold, Joey was up to something.

" No, this is just a dream! You're not real!" he cried, trying to push him away, but his arms refused to budge.

Joey smirked and cocked his head to the side, his blue eyes shining with malice.

"Don't worry, Bendy, it won't be long. The key will unlock my cage very soon."

"What are you talking about!?"

"Together forever, right old pal?"

Bendy gasped as the surrounding ink slithered over to him, clinging to his limbs in sticky strands and pulling him down as it wound itself around every part of him.

Joey's nasty smile was the last thing he saw before he sunk completely into the gooey mess.

~

"Of course I'll help, he's family to me, I enjoy the little guy's company. His pranks are nasty but he's a sweet kid, leave it up to me, I'll sort some things out, what kind of seizures?"

Henry twirled the cord in his fingers as he leaned against the kitchen counter. "MS seizures, or closely related to it." he said, pouring the kettle of boiling water into his coffee cup by the sink.

"Is he okay?"

"Yeah, hes just tired, needs rest, thank you" Henry replied, setting the kettle back down on the stove top.

"Not a problem, tell him I said hi?"

"Will do, thank you Lewis, goodbye"

"Bye!" Lewis replied cheerfully.

Henry hung up the phone and rubbed his tired eyes, he had barely gotten any sleep last night due to the worry he had been feeling for his son. He looked up as Bendy trailed into the kitchen, dressed in his usual attire and still sleepy looking. Henry smiled and sipped his coffee "Morning bud, sleep okay?"

Bendy nodded as he made himself some cereal with the powdered milk and water Linda had made up in the juice jug last night, still intent to stay quiet as he sat down to eat it.

(A/N: The first modern production process for dried milk was invented by the Russian doctor Osip Krichevsky in 1802)

Henry sighed "It's good to talk, you know?"