Chapter 24: Tired

Inky knocked on the door as he reached the house, panting heavily in the darkness. The only light coming from the street lamps as they illuminated the neighborhood in their sickly yellow glow.

Linda opened the door and screamed loudly as she caught a look at the ink demon standing before her and stepped back, reaching for the broom leaned up against the wall. "No Linda, he's okay, he's fine. He helped save me," Henry said, getting down off his back and patting Inky's head as he purred softly. Linda calmed down and took a deep breath before pulling Henry into a hug, he had missed him so much and had been ever so worried for her husband.

Bendy rolled off Inky's back and started heaving his guts out in to the bushes.

It tasted worse coming back up than it did going down.

"Are you going to be okay, Bendy? What did you eat?" Henry asked, Bendy looked up at him, and the cartoonist glimpsed the bloodied throw up, "Let me rephrase that, who did you eat?" he asked, his stomach curdling.

Bendy turned on the garden hose and rinsed his mouth out as Linda smacked Henry with the broom in annoyance at him for scaring her.

"She wouldn't have let me go otherwise!" Bendy explained.

Henry covered his head and chuckled softly as he felt the dusty bristles "Linda! Stop! I'm sorry!" he cried, Inky grumbled at Bendy's words, "You could have let me knock her out, or you could have knocked her out yourself." he suggested.

Henry crossed his arms as Linda finally calmed down, "You're in so much trouble, mister, but, I'm glad you're okay" he said, putting a hand on Bendy's now very damp head. Bendy smiled softly, blood still between his teeth.

Inky sat down beside Linda who was clutching the broom close to her chest, and nudged her side as Henry helped Bendy clean off a bit, he would definitely need a bath.

"Hello, my names Inky, I'm one of Joey's failed experiments, it's nice to meet you" he said, trying to sound kind so as not to frighten her. Linda chuckled nervously and loosened her hold on her weapon of choice, "You don't look failed to me" she said, slowly reaching out a hand to pat his head. Inky leaned into her touch and Linda smiled, he may look scary but Inky seemed just like a touch starved puppy.

She chuckled weakly as his tongue lolled out his mouth and licked her face "Theres no way you're going to fit inside the house, dear" she said, giving him a good scratch under the chin as she set the broom back down.

Inky purred loudly at the affection, "I know" he said.

Henry sighed, "Perhaps Sammy & Lewis can take him in?" he asked, "I'll go call them now." making his way to the door.

Linda tutted "Let me, you need rest" she said, pushing him inside to get him fixed up. Bendy followed them, "Stay here Inky, I'll go get you some food" he said, shaking his fur to rid it of the blood. The little ink demon grumbled as his fur poofed up in places and Inky burst into laughter. "Poof!" he cried, falling onto his back as he snorted.

Bendy huffed, "Yeah yeah" he grumbled, rushing inside to grab some food for them.

~

"They're on their way, I'm surprised they didn't tell us they moved here, it would explain Sammy Jr being at the kids school." Linda said, smiling up at the large demon as she returned from the phone call, "And they have a trailer for you" she added.

Boris looked up at Inky as he came out the house to investigate the noises and held up the biscuit he was munching on to him. Inky's tongue came out and licked him head to toe, the biscuit disappearing from the wolf toons hand as he blinked in shock.