Chapter 17: Down

They met the others back at the van, the Asylum alarms blaring loudly from a far as they hurried up to the gray vehicle parked down the street. Since he couldn't wear his helmet inside the van due to it being too big, Norman had to take his projector off. Unfortunately, it got stuck as he tried to remove it and Lewis had to help him.

"Stop! That hurts!" the dark-skinned man whined, pushing him away as it jammed near his chin.

Henry sighed "How the hell did you get stuck?" he asked.

Norman stood there with his hands on his hips in his Projectionist costume, and looking ridiculous as anything. "I don't know!" he cried, yelping as he tipped backwards. Lewis and Henry grabbed for him, and the man sighed as Bendy burst into laughter. "I'm going to need a lubricant of some kind" Norman grumbled.

Lewis smirked as an idea popped into his head, and Sammy cuffed him good as he realized what he meant, "No! Absolutely not!" he argued.

"But it would work!"

"We have butter and other things at home!" Sammy said through gritted teeth,

Lewis pouted "Fine." he grumbled.

Sammy blushed a beet red as he noticed Henry raising an eyebrow at him with a smirk. He knew exactly what Lewis had meant.

"Not a word, Stein!" the musician growled.

~

John tilted his head to the side as the ink demon tugged at his seat belt. "What did you eat?" he asked as he noticed the scarlet red liquid on Bendy's teeth.

"Uh, I found some candy," Bendy replied quickly, clicking his seat belt into place as he wriggled in the car seat. Being so small he had needed one and Bendy had hated the damn thing when Henry had set it down for him. But his father had been adamant that he have one despite his protests.

As his kid, safety would always come first.

"Then why are your teeth all red like that?" John asked,

"Liquid filled."

"Aww man! Those are good!" John pouted, sad that he hadn't been offered any.

Sammy smiled "Agreed," he said, finally yanking the helmet off Norman's head. The musician tipped back and made an 'oof' noise as he hit the pavement, the weight of the helmet knocking the wind from his lungs. "Jesus, Norman, this thing weighs a fucking ton!" he whispered.

Lewis helped him up and Norman took back his helmet from him "Yup" he said proudly, carefully storing it under Boris' seat. The wolf toon kept it secure with his legs and smiled as the dark-skinned man patted his head "Thank you, bud." Norman said, giving him a smile right back.

Everyone got in and buckled themselves up, Lewis making sure everyone had their things before he slid the door shut. The driver started the engine on his command and the Asylum was soon far behind them.

Henry patted his inky son's head and Bendy sighed and pushed him away "I'm fine" he insisted, his mind elsewhere. The cartoonist frowned, something was obviously bothering his son, he'd have a talk with him later.

~

They all stayed over at Lewis' house over night as it had gotten very late once they had arrived to drop them off. Once they had reached their home back in Pasadena (late the next afternoon), Bendy had immediately gone to his room, shutting the door behind him with a soft click.

Boris whined softly and Linda patted his muzzle "It's okay Boris, just give him some space, okay? How about you and the kids watch some toons before dinner?" she suggested.