Chapter 10: Makeup

Henry knocked on his kid's bedroom door, covered in drawings from when they had been too young to understand that drawing on Mommy and Daddy's walls was bad. He opened it when he heard Audrey's voice telling him to come in. John was still asleep, drooling on his pillows as he lay sprawled across his bed, his pajamas wrinkled. His sister was drawing with her father's expensive drawing pencils on some pieces of paper at their shared desk.

Henry cringed and came over, taking them from her hands "What did I say, kiddo, these are expensive, you can't use these for your own work,"

"Sorry Daddy...wait, Daddy! You're home!" she exclaimed, leaping into his arms as he chuckled at her reaction,

"And you've grown so much!" he said, kissing her forehead as she cuddled him.

"Sorry for using your pencils, but I couldn't find my own ones," she said sadly, not wanting to be in trouble.

"Good girl for apologizing, now, wake your brother up, I have a surprise for you!" Henry said, ruffling his daughter's messy bed hair as he set her back down.

Audrey's eyes sparkled excitedly, and she leapt onto John's bed and began jumping, jostling the bedspread and the poor boy inside. "John! Wake up! Daddy's home and he has a surprise for us!" she cried.

John's eyes snapped open, and he grinned widely as he noticed him standing there with his arms out. "DAD!" he yelled, getting out of bed to hug him. Henry chuckled and picked him up as he made contact. "Oof! Look at you! All big and strong," he said proudly.

John giggled "So, what's the surprise?" he asked, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

Henry put him down. "Remember how I told you that Uncle Joey was making live attractions for the cartoons?"

The two nodded. "Would you like to meet Boris, Alice and Bendy?" he asked.

The two looked confused but nodded again.

The Cartoonist smiled and leaned his head out the door, "Boris? Alice? Bendy? Can you three come here for a second?" he called down the hallway.

The three appeared at his calling.

"Meet my kids" he said, gesturing to the two children as they gaped in shock. John raced over and hugged Alice, while Audrey squealed and leapt at Bendy, hugging him tightly. "BENDY!" she cried. Bendy shrieked and fell over as the tackle proved too much for him.

"You're all real!?" John asked, looking up at the toon he was hugging, Alice and Boris nodded while Bendy continued the scream at Audrey's furious hugging.

"Henry! Help!" the ink demon choked.

Henry unpeeled his daughter from Bendy's front and set her down away from him, "Audrey darling, please don't squeeze too hard" he said. Bendy hissed and climbed up Boris, perching on his head as he stared down at the awful child named Audrey. John let go of Alice and hugged Boris next, giggling when the toon lifted him up and licked his face.

"I'm sorry if she scared you Bendy, she's only six" Henry said,

Bendy huffed "And I'm two!" he argued.

Henry put out his arms "Come on, Grumpy, get down from there, Boris probably doesn't appreciate you sitting on his head."

Bendy slowly but surely edged into Henry's arms, glaring at Audrey as the girl fantasized about the many clothes and makeup designs she had planned for her new friend.

~

"Do you like the pretty tutu, Bendy?" Henry asked, smothering his laughter as the ink demon tried to focus on the cartoons playing on the TV in front of him.