Chapter 13: Thanksgiving

Bendy?"

"Who's there?" he called to the darkness, unable to move and unable to see anything but the inky blackness all around him.

"Forgotten your creator already?" the voice asked.

"You're dead."

"My physical form may be dead, but my soul is very much alive."

His heart bet fast inside his chest as the fear grew, "What do you want!?" he asked.

A pair of blue eyes appeared in the darkness and hands reached for him, shaking and dripping with ink.

"You!"

~

Bendy bolted up from his lying down position, fingers clenching the sheets and his heart racing as the nightmare lingered in his mind. Boris was still asleep, lying on his stomach with an arm over the side. His tongue hanging out his mouth as he drooled on the pillow, and panted softly in the stuffy room. The small ink demon got up and came over, shaking him gently "Boris! Boris wake up!" he whispered.

Boris' tongue rolled out his mouth more as he yawned, two pie cut eyes opening to greet him as they blinked sleepily.

"I had a bad dream" Bendy whimpered.

Boris picked him up and cuddled him softly, making a small noise as if too say 'Do you want to talk about it?'

"No, I don't want to talk about it," Bendy answered.

Boris huffed and licked his face, wondering if perhaps he had been in the dream.

"No, you weren't in it," Bendy replied. Boris snorted, maybe the other family members?

"No one was in it, just me, and..." he trailed off.

Boris whined at the alarm in his friend's upset tone. "Joey, it was Joey, he was talking to me, okay!?"

Boris hugged him again and let out a soft whimper "Its fine, it was just a dream, that's it" Bendy said, reassuring him as he patted his shoulder.

Bendy?

Bendy gasped and pulled away from Boris, looking around in shock as he heard the voice again. It felt like it was echoing from inside him, yet he could hear it in his ears as if it were in the room.

Don't be afraid, old pal, I'm here.

Bendy looked up at Boris, who hadn't heard anything and started crying, black tears running down his face and collecting on his pajamas. Boris looked alarmed and cuddled him again, making small cooing noises in the hopes it would soothe the sad ink demon.

Together, forever, you and me.

~

It had been months since he had last seen Sammy, but today was thanksgiving! And that meant everyone who had survived the studio would be coming here to celebrate this day together. He had spent the morning hanging around the kitchen like an insect, trying to sneak whatever food wasn't being watched like a hawk.

"Will Sammy be here too!? You said he would! He has to!" Bendy cried.

"Everyone! The whole gang!" Henry said, thickly chopping up the onions that Linda was going to put in the roasting dish. They had done some trading with a neighbor and had gotten a decent-sized chicken out of it. But poor Henry had been tasked with killing it, plucking it, and gutting the nasty stuff away, much to his disgust.

Bendy reached for the leftover pumpkin pie filling and Henry grumbled at his greedy son "It's uncooked Bendy, it will taste bad. I'm unsure if it affects your health though."