Chapter 28: The Flaw In The Plan

As Bendy fell asleep that night, lulled by Susie's soft singing voice as she tucked him in to bed, Joey Drew could feel the inky hold on him loosen as he sat there in the dripping, cold darkness. He tugged at the inky binds keeping him down and pulled at the thick strands until they snapped and melted off him. Joey Drew stood up from his spot, a grin on his face and a determined look in his eyes as he was finally freed from his prison,

"Its Time."

~

The next morning Joey grinned at himself in the mirror, tucking the shirt collar down and smoothing out the creases. He had dressed himself in what little attire Bendy had, but wasn't really enjoying the feeling of it on his new form.

Whistling a cheery tune as he entered the vast kitchen he poured himself some coffee and sat down to drink it, ignoring Susie as he watched him intently,

Since when had she arrived here?

She was suppose to be back at the studio.

"Good morning, Bendy!" she said happily, raising her cup to him,

"Miss Campbell" Joey replied stiffly,

Susie raised an eyebrow in confusion "You can just call me Susie" she said, not sure why Bendy was talking like this.

"Ah, but that would be rude, my dear" Joey explained, giving her a wink.

Susie's eyes widened.

This wasn't Bendy, this was Joey!

But how?

She racked her brains for the information and Bendy's voice from back at the studio flickered into her mind:

"I get seizures, Joey wasn't well...and I have his soul now, so I guess I ain't well either"

That was it!

Bendy had Joey's soul!

"I, uh, I see, sir" she said, clearing her throat as she poured the rest of her drink down the drain.

"It took me awhile to get through," he said, stretching his arms up with a pleasant sigh, "I did make such a nice body for myself, didn't I?"

Susie nodded, opting to stay quiet as she stared at the reflective surface of the tap, the wind blowing her hair a little as it came in through the half-open window.

"I'm surprised you haven't leapt from your seat to go tell Henry, whose house is this anyway?" he asked, tapping his fingers on the table in a rhythmic beat.

"Sammy's" she replied,

Joey laughed "No really, tell the truth, my dear"

Susie sighed, "His rich boyfriend's house"

"Lewis, I presume?"

She nodded, trying very hard not to rush off.

Bendy had abilities, he was able to control ink and she was still made of the awful substance.

One wrong move and he could use them on her.

"He got any food? I'm starving!"

"Y-Yes"

Joey got off the chair and looked up at the pantry doors, "Hmm, probably should have made this form taller" he muttered, pushing a chair over and opening the cupboard "Its nice being able to walk without fear of my legs fucking up" he added, rummaging around for some food. He pulled out a box of cereal "Oooh, nice stuff too" he said happily, shoving a good handful of its contents into his mouth.