Chapter 25: The Show Must Go On

As soon as the bell had rang for the end of the day, Bendy, John and Audrey had stormed ahead of the exiting students and were the first out the gates. They raced across the pavement and through the parking lot to the waiting car at the back.

"Time to see Inky!" Bendy said excitedly, yanking open the passenger door to the car as he neared it and scrambling into his car seat. Henry chuckled and helped him get his seat belt on "Excited I see?"

Bendy pointed to the road once he was all strapped in, "Step on it dad!" he cried. Sammy Jr tapped the window as he ran up to it, and grinned as Henry rolled the glass down for him, "Bet I can beat ya home" he dared, racing off down the road. Sammy and Lewis were waiting for him, having parked a few cars down from the entrance to the parking lot.

Bendy gasped, "No! Dad! Go!" he cried, wriggling in his seat as Henry took too long to get the vehicle started. His father peered into the back, waiting till Audrey's seat belt had clicked into place before he started the car. "I'm going, relax" he said, changing the gears so he could back out.

Bendy grumbled as the car sat there, still not moving even after a few minutes.

"DAD!!"

Henry smirked, "Patience, the car has to warm up first."

"ARGHHHHH!" Bendy cried, tugging at his horns in annoyance.

~

After spending hours playing with Inky, Bendy, Audrey and John were exhausted. They had all settled down in the kitchen for some well-earned afternoon tea, consisting of milk and cookies for the kids, and some tiny sandwiches, tea and coffee for the adults. Inky was leaning up against the fridge with a barrel of ink between his legs, and would now and then sink his face into the black ichor to slurp up the gooey contents.

Bendy frowned as he picked at his oatmeal cookie, watching him every time he did drank, "Inky? Isn't that like cannibalism?" he asked, pointing to the barrel. Inky shook his head "No, but it tastes good, try some" he insisted, holding out a handful to him.

Bendy got of his seat and came over to inspect, "Are you sure?"

Inky nodded and Bendy scooped up a handful and poured it into his mouth. "Whoa, this is....amazing!" he cried, swallowing the tasty substance before he spoke.

"Better than you thought?" Inky asked,

Bendy nodded and reached for more, "This is way better than food!" he exclaimed.

Lewis chuckled, "Even better than pumpkin pie?"

Bendy grumbled, "Don't make me choose!"

Sammy nudged Lewis and smiled knowingly at him as he took a good sip of his coffee, he had made Bendy a pumpkin pie for him to take home.

"I feel different too, like I'm getting more energy from it and stuff" the ink demon added.

Bendy leaned over the barrel as the contents got more distant, drinking the ink a little faster as he enjoyed the taste of it. It seemed his body needed it, and the fact he had drunk none since his creation was catching up to him. Bendy yelped as he fell into the barrel headfirst, making Inky chuckle as the smaller demon continued his feast upside down, and halfway submerged.
Bendy let out a satisfied burp once he had drained the barrel, and smiled as he poked his head out.

"I feel so full" he said, lazily flopping about as Inky retrieved him from the bottom and set him down on the floor. Bendy groaned and rolled over, his belly a little chonky as the contents of his stomach sloshed about.

Henry laughed at his bloated son, "Did you know Bendy has a girlfriend?" he asked the other adults, changing the conversation to something more interesting than the silence he was getting from them.