Chapter 12: Home Again

Norman set the projector he had made on the table and sighed at his beloved piece, empty of most of it's mechanical guts. It has been changed and molded into something different and no longer did the job he had built it for. "Something the matter?" Lewis asked, passing him a cup of tea.

Norman patted the helmet "Somehow all it does now is screech, give me back problems and let me see through it. It's no longer what it was made for" he said, smiling as Bendy came in with his rucksack. Norman had woken up just in time to see the two off.

"Wait, that screech noise was you?" Bendy asked.

Norman nodded. "You want to hear it again?" he asked, a twinkle in his eyes.

Bendy nodded and Norman reached inside the head piece, tongue sticking out as he rummaged around the wiring sticking out the hole in the back of it.

There was a short silence before that loud terrifying screech echoed around the kitchen. Everyone looked up as they heard a thud from just outside the kitchen, then a loud crash as something fragile broke (Lewis cringed). A very frazzled looking Henry screamed a string of curse words before he came in with his backpack, "What the fuck! WHY!?" he cried.

Norman chuckled. "Bendy wanted to hear it."

"How? How did you even make that noise?" Henry asked, trying to calm his beating heart. "It's a switch, someone connected it to the tubes in my body, I could flick it on and off with my mind, I think..." the man trailed off "Its kind of hard to remember" he said sheepishly.

"You should become an engineer" Lewis said,

Norman scoffed "I'm a black man, I could never achieve that goal, it would be nice though"

Lewis patted his back. "Some day, my friend."

Henry picked Bendy up and took his bag from him, slinging it over his shoulder. "I uh, accidentally broke a vase, Lewis, sorry about that."

Lewis sighed. "Its fine. I can just get a new one, it's not like it's worth money or anything," he said sarcastically, sipping at his own cup of tea.

Henry chuckled nervously. "I can pay for it-"

"No! Don't be silly! It's fine, honestly," Lewis said, waving a hand at him.

"If you're sure? Come on then, Bendy, let's go home."

"Bye Lewis! Bye Norman! BYE SAMMY!" the ink demon said, shouting the last part as Sammy wasn't in the room.

They heard his yelled goodbye from down the hall as they left and the sweet harmony of the piano he was playing as they exited the premises.

~

"Home in five hours instead of forty-one sounds great!" Bendy said, examining his ticket as they walked down the street.

Henry nodded "We must write Lewis a thank-you letter when we get home and send it to him," he said with a smile.

"Do we have too?" Bendy asked, looking up at his father in annoyance.

Henry laughed "Yes! It's a nice thing to do!"

"Ugh, fine."

~

Bendy phased through the front door as Henry reached for the handle, "WE'RE HOME!" he cried, yelping as Henry opened the door while he was still halfway through it. The man chuckled and pushed it closed behind him, setting the keys down as Bendy landed on the carpet near his feet. Linda appeared in the entrance hallway and kneeled down, allowing Bendy to hug her happily as she reached for him.