Chapter 6: The Soulless One

Bendy sat up from his long, very uncomfortable sleep on the box of canned soup. His head still hurt and his mouth felt dry as a bone as he furiously tried to wet it with his tongue. He rubbed his eyes with a grumble and squinted as he looked around. Sammy was at his desk still,and scribbling away at his notebook with dark circles under his eyes. It appeared he had spent the entire day sleeping off his hangover, for it was night time now and the only light was from the lantern perched upon the desk.

"Sammy? Can you take me back to my bed, in Henry's office?" he asked, putting up his arms so the Musician could lift him up. Sammy came over and picked him up, smiling as the ink demon snuggled into his shoulder.

"Sure, kid, you could use a proper sleep, on a proper bed, you still look pretty hungover."

The Art Department was quiet as they entered its small cramped domain. Screwed up bits of paper littered the floors and overflowed in the wastepaper bins. It seemed Henry wasn't having any luck with the ideas, his creative juices clogged.

Bendy smiled as he saw Henry working at his desk, he had a white bandage stained with pencil lead, wrapped around his drawing hand. "Henry!" he said happily.

He was soooo tired still.

Henry raised an eyebrow, "Are you okay bud?" he asked as Sammy set him down on the small camper bed in the corner, pulling back the scratchy gray wool blanket and tucking him in.

Sammy chuckled nervously. "He's hungover."

Henry looked shocked, then very mad "How!?"

"He drank an entire bottle of wine"

"Yes, but how? Where did he get an entire bottle of wine?" Henry asked, glaring at the Musician.

Sammy rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly and then bolted out the room before he could get into any more trouble.

Henry rolled his eyes and sighed "Honestly, the audacity" he muttered.

Bendy reached for him "Want" he muttered,

Henry cracked his fingers as he got rid of the cramp that was building up in his hands. "What do you want bud?" he asked.

"Stuffie" the ink demon replied.

Henry set his pencil down and took out the small stuffie Bendy and Shawn had made from spare parts from the top drawer of his desk. It was a mix of Alice, Boris and the ink demon himself, and a rather messily put together creation that Bendy loved dearly.

"You want a hug as well? Or are you going to take a nap?" the Cartoonist asked, handing it over.

"Hug," Bendy answered.

Henry picked him up off the bed and cuddled him to his shirt as he sat back down at his desk, tucking the blanket around the toon better. Bendy smiled sleepily as the Cartoonist got back to work on his much behind art project. The blisters on his hand smarted painfully as he gripped his pencil, and he winced as he tried to adjust the the drawing tool to a more comfortable position.

~

Bendy woke hours later as he slipped off Henry's lap and onto the floor. The ink demon grumbled, rubbing his head as he gazed up at Henry in confusion. The man was passed out at his desk yet again, which is probably why he hadn't caught him. He made his way to the kitchen to see if he could find anyone up, sneaking a quick drink from the kitchen tap.

Henry would cuff him around the head if he didn't use a cup like a civilized human being, which only made it more fun.

As he wiped his mouth and walked out, he noticed the light in Joey's lab was on. Casting a heavy yellow glow across the hallway floor.