Chapter 67 - Answers

"Fuck. I need to- we should," Levi stuttered, looking at anything but me. I tried to push back the tangible fear that washed through me, just looking at the worry painting Levi's face.

"Yeah," I nodded, opening the door to my room and walking with Levi back into the hallway and then downstairs to greet my siblings.

"Hey, guys!" I smiled once we reached the bottom of the stairs, trying to snap out of the mood I was in. Mikasa's eyes widened when she looked at Levi and rushed over to him, licking her hand and patting down his hair before my mother could round the corner into the foyer.

"Oh God, ew," Levi groaned.

"Shut up," Mikasa barked, flicking the side of his head and turning around.

"The things I deal with, Eren," Levi sighed, reaching forward and flicking the back of Mikasa's head, who flinched but knew better than to turn around. My mother entered wearing an apron and carrying a chocolate covered Poppy from the kitchen.

"How was your time?" My mother asked my brother and sister.

"It was great!" We went and got coffee and then we saw a movie!" Mikasa exclaimed. "We really bonded!"

"For sure!" Zeke agreed, patting Mikasa's shoulder, Levi practically snarling when he touched her. Nobody other than me could see him as we stood behind my siblings, both of us obscured by a taller body than ours. "It was a really fun time, Mikasa," he said, turning towards my sister for a moment, his eyes meeting Levi's resting scowl.

"What have you and Eren been up to?" Zeke asked Levi directly, stepping aside so that we were visible to everybody. Something about Zeke asking Levi directly gave me a bad feeling.

"Nothing much, just hung out with Poppy until she went to go help the brownie making process about five minutes ago," Levi said in a fake polite voice I'd only ever heard him use in front of Trevor before.

"Well, you guys, dinner failed, so Petra and I settled on Chinese food and made brownies to make up for it."

"All right!" Mikasa grinned. "Panda Express?"

"Uh, yeah, girlfriend," Petra beamed, holding her hand up for a high five. Mikasa slapped Petra's hand with her own and looked at the two of them.

"I could fuck both of you right now," Mikasa sighed, an ecstatic expression playing her full parted lips.

"Well, that's enough of that, but speaking of fucking," my mother responded, turning to me. "Is Sasha coming over? And, in the same vein, Eren, are you going to go back to Levi's apartment tonight?" The three of us immediately wore the same mask of horror, blushes shooting into our cheeks. "What? You act like I don't know you guys are active."

"Okay, mom, ew," Mikasa and I said in unison, looking at each other for a moment before shouting in unison again. "Jinx!"

"Double Jinx," Mikasa said before I could say anything else. "I win. Yeah, I asked her to come over to meet Zeke. Was that okay?"

"Yeah, absolutely. I ordered enough for a whole army," my mom grinned, turning to me and Levi. "Are you taking him again tonight?"

"That was the plan, if it was alright with you, Carla," Levi said, his voice cracking when he said alright. He was still beet red after my mother's earlier comment. I had never seen him so embarrassed before.

"Yeah, that's alright, Honey, but don't keep him up all night, please. He needs to get to school. I can't keep making excuses for him. He's missed three weeks of school this semester, and his grades are really suffering. I can't keep telling them that he's sick or at funerals."