Marichat #2 ~ Whistling ~

Ladybug whistled as she watched the latest healed akuma victim walk safely away from their battle.  "That was a tough one, huh Kitty?  Kitty?"

      She turned to see her partner stifling giggles behind his hand, red in the face from trying to hold back his laughter.  When she stared at him in confusion, he seemed to give up and let out a loud chuckle.

      "I'm sorry," he told her, still giggling.  "It's just...you can't whistle?"

      Ladybug flushed under her mask.  Whistling was one of the only things she couldn't do, no matter how hard she tried.  When she had attempted it just now, it sounded more like she was sucking her teeth than anything.  And now that Chat knew, he was never going to let her live it down.  Ever.

      Thankfully, she was saved from utter embarrassment by her earrings beeping. 

      "Bye, Kitty," she said, swinging off to her house.

      Later that evening, Marinette couldn't help but notice how odd it was that she couldn't whistle.  She caught her dad whistling as he rolled out the dough for some croissants.  She heard her mom whistling as she tidied up the kitchen.  Even Alya was whistling when Marinette showed her some of her new designs. 

      What finally pushed Marinette over the edge, though, was when she was on YouTube and found videos of both Adrien and Chat Noir whistling!  If Adrien could whistle, then he might think she was lame for not being able to, and if Chat could, then there was no way she couldn't!

      That was how Marinette ended up in front of her mirror, making different shapes with her mouth and watching videos on how to whistle.  It didn't seem to make any difference.  No matter how many times she did it, Marinette couldn't get more than a soft whisper to leave her mouth.  It was infuriating!

      She was so deep in concentration that she didn't notice when someone knocked on the trapdoor on her balcony.  Or when the visitor knocked again.  Or again.  Or that they came down her stairs.

      "Uh...Marinette?"

      The voice startled her so much that she shrieked and fell off the stool she was sitting on.  She landed painfully on her butt and winced before glaring up at her visitor.  Once again, Chat Noir had caught her in one of her less skilled moments, and, once again, he wasn't hiding his amusement very well.

      "Are you okay?" he grinned and stuck out his hand to help her up.

      Marinette grumbled, but she took his help anyway.

      "Sorry for coming in without permission," Chat told her once she was standing up.  "I kept knocking, but I don't think you heard me.  What were you doing?"

      "None of your business," Marinette huffed, still a little miffed about the whole 'You can't whistle???' thing.

      Chat laughed.  "Okay, let me rephrase that.  I know what you were doing, and I want to help you."

      "Uh..." Marinette stuttered.  "You mean you want to help me...practice for my school play?"  It was probably the lamest excuse she had ever used, but there was no way she was letting Chat laugh at her again.

      "No," he rolled his eyes.  "I want to help you whistle!"

      She was about the protest, but he took her phone from the vanity where she'd left it and showed her the screen.  A random 'Learn to Whistle in Five Minutes!' video was open on the screen.  Dang it.  She was busted.

      "Okay," she flushed.  "I was practicing whistling.  But what makes you think you can help?"

      Chat just smirked and whistled a tune that sounded...very familiar.  She must have heard it somewhere, but she was too distracted by his perfect pitch and volume that she couldn't remember where.

      Eventually Marinette gave in and let Chat help her.  His tips were way more helpful than the ones in the videos, and by the end of their session she could actually make a very quiet, very short whistle.  Chat seemed to enjoy it too.  He didn't laugh at her very much, and when he did it was just a joke between friends. 

      The next day Ladybug whistled very nicely after their battle with another akuma.  When Chat asked her how she'd learned, she just smiled and told him a friend helped her.  If only he knew...

~~~~

Word count: 716

Picture: https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Art/Marichat-Is-Love-1833519036921353/

Here is some cute Marichat for you!  I myself can't whistle, so that was my main inspiration XD.  I hope you liked it!  Thank you so much for reading!

Constructive criticism is welcomed and encouraged (like seriously, I'm sure I can improve)! :D <3