Adrigami #1 ~ Not For Me ~

Kagami smiled.  She was on FaceTime with Adrien and Marinette, and they were talking about nothing and everything at the same time.  Maybe that was why Kagami liked these two out of all the friends she had made through Adrien recently.  They didn't mind if they talked about something that didn't have to do with school or fencing, or anything else that actually mattered.  They liked it when she let down her guard and laughed with them about the dumbest things in the world.

      Kagami's favorite part, though, was definitely seeing Adrien happy.  She knew from personal experience how painful the life of a home schooled, career focused teen could be.  If anyone deserved to be free from that life, it was him.

      There was only one thing that would have made it better.

      When Adrien smiled, he smiled because of something Marinette said.  When he laughed, it was because Marinette was laughing.  Everything he did revolved around her and what she was doing. 

      He didn't even seem to notice it, and definitely tell Kagami anything about it.  But Kagami had spent her entire life watching her mom fluctuate through moods at the speed of a bullet without changing her expression.  She knew how to tell what people are feeling.

      So, even though it was her Adrien met with the next day for a date, she knew it wasn't her on his mind.  Even though they talked and laughed, she knew he wasn't completely happy with her.  He didn't feel the same peace and completeness Kagami felt with him.  But he did feel it with someone.

      Someone who was amazing, and truly did deserve him.  Someone who would sacrifice her own happiness for her friends', and her own relationship for theirs.

      Though it broke something in her, Kagami told Adrien they weren't right for each other.  She knew it was true, and she knew he did to.  It didn't matter how similar they were on paper.  His smile may have been as bright as the sun, but it wasn't meant for her.  It never would be.

~~~~~

Word count: 346 (Why do I put this?  I have no clue)

Happy day after Valentine's Day!  I was going to post this yesterday, but apparently I'm once again incapable of writing anything but angst, so...yeah, not really Valentine's Day material.  Ever since I watched Ikari Gozen I've wanted to write something for Kagami, so I just hope I did her justice (and don't get murdered by love square shippers lol).

Thank you so much for reading!  Constructive criticism is welcomed and encouraged! :D <3