Adrienette #1 ~ 100 Words ~

The world before I saw you,

Wasn't quite as bright.

But now that you are in it,

You make my world just right.

You're always ready with a smile,

And words so very kind.

A person half as sweet as you,

Would be hard to find.

You always know how to make me laugh,

Whether or not you try.

Your friendship is worth more to me,

Than anything money could buy.

I've meant to tell you this,

I've been waiting for a long time.

But it seems the only way,

I can speak to you is through rhyme.

So please remember Adrien,

Whatever you may do.

I think you are amazing,

And I'm in love with you.

Marinette hesitated and bit her lip.  If she pushed this envelope into the mailbox Adrien would know how she felt.  She thought she was ready for that, but the more times she failed the more she wondered if it was really meant to be.  What if he never wanted to talk to her again after reading it?

A car suddenly sped very close to where Marinette was standing.  Without thinking she moved closer to the mailbox, and in her surprise she shoved the letter inside of it. 

Marinette immediately started to freak out.  Why did she have to enter this dumb writing contest? 

Since the Adrien perfume had sold one hundred million bottles, Gabriel had said whoever could describe Adrien the best in one hundred words or less would win a one hundred dollar gift card to the brand.  Marinette didn't care about the money, but she did want to show her support for Adrien.  Now she was starting to think that was a huge mistake!

Luckily (or unluckily) for Marinette, the deadline was the next day, so she only had to wait three days before the winners were announced.  Hopefully her letter got lost in the mail or something, so that she wouldn't have to die of shame! 

Whether or not her letter made it to the Agreste Mansion, Marinette didn't win.  Chloe did, though Marinette highly suspected bribery to play a part in that decision.  Adrien wasn't acting weird either, so Marinette was breathing much easier by the end of the day.

"Marinette!" A voice called as she walked down the steps.

Marinette almost passed out.

"Adrien?"

Adrien seemed almost bashful as he passed her on the stairs, "I liked your poem." 

Then he sped off towards his car without a second glance, leaving Marinette in shock.  Maybe entering this contest wasn't such a bad idea after all.

~~~~~~

Word count: 426

Picture: ???

*Inhales*  THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 100+ READS!!!!!

This is a special little thank you for everyone who's read these one-shots so far (I love you!).  I hope you liked it, I know my poetry could use some work, and it was kinda short :3.  There'll also be a regular update today, but I really wanted to say thank you.  So, thank you!

Constructive criticism is welcomed and encouraged!  :D <3