Adrienette #3 ~ Hair ~

"Manon, I really need to go downstairs," Marinette told the girl she had been watching.

      Honestly, in Marinette's opinion, the doorbell could not have rung at a better time. For the last fifteen minutes Manon had insisted that Marinette visit her 'salon', which consisted mostly of Marinette getting tape put on her face then ripped off ("It's a facial!"), and (more recently) her scalp being pulled in just the right ways to cause the maximum amount of pain. Marinette loved taking care of Manon, but she could only handle so much.

      Thankfully, Manon let Marinette get the door without a fight after Marinette told her she could play with the Ladybug and Chat Noir dolls. That was how Marinette ended up peacefully, quietly, downstairs.

      "Hi!" she said after she opened the door. She was expecting it to be Alya, as her best friend had said earlier that she might be able to come over. Unfortunately for Marinette, Alya had been scheming against her all afternoon, and had sent a very special someone instead of herself.

      "Adrien!" Marinette shrieked and jumped backwards when she saw who was really waiting on the other side of the door. Her relationship with Adrien may have gotten better lately, but it still wasn't...great. 

      "Hey, Marinette," Adrien flashed his movie star smile. "Alya said you could use some help watching Manon, and my father let me out for the afternoon so I figured I'd come!"

      "Thank you," Marinette managed, smiling back at him while she thought: Alya, I am going to kill you next time I see you.

      "Adrien!" Manon called from the stairs. "Do you want to play salon with us?"

      Marinette almost groaned. Not only would Adrien have to see how wrecked her room was from Manon's search for 'beauty supplies', he could also possibly spot some stray pictures Marinette had left up after her mourning session for Adrien and Kagami's relationship. Even worse, he would also have to suffer the scalp-ending pain of Manon's styling abilities. This was a disaster!

      Surprisingly, Adrien didn't seem to mind. He just grinned at Marinette and followed Manon up the stairs.

      I hope I didn't leave any pictures up, Marinette thought miserably.

      Things got worse once Marinette reached her room, though Adrien and Manon weren't the problem.  They were playing happily, Manon giving the older boy a much softer 'facial' that involved her running a washcloth over his face. The problem was Marinette's hair, which she caught sight of in the mirror on her vanity.

      A miserable looking braid with lots of bumps and loose pieces of hair ran along the left side of her head while a pigtail stuck out of the other side. Another pigtail, this one with lots of hairbands wrapped around it came from the back of her head. 

      She looked ridiculous. And, worse, she looked ridiculous in front of  Adrien. She was screwed forever! She would never be able to face him, and as if losing the dream of their life together to Kagami wasn't enough, now she wouldn't even be his friend! 

      Oh, that hamster they could've had! Now that Adrien had seen her like this, he would never want to share a hamster named--

      "Ugh! Marinette!" Manon huffed. "Are you going to play or not?"

      "Of course," Marinette smiled miserably. "What are you doing?"

      "Hair salon!" Manon spoke the horrible words with odd happiness. Then again, Marinette guessed Manon had never had half her hair ripped out by an aggressive five year old.

      "I'll help her," Adrien added, seeming to sense Marinette's distress. 

      Right, he was there! And he could see her hair! Why did the universe hate her?

      Hair salon with Adrien was much more gentle than it had been with Manon. He took out the crazy colored hairbands very carefully, handing them to Manon so that she wouldn't be bored. Then he started doing something that felt like braiding just as carefully. When he was done Marinette had barely felt a thing, and Manon seemed to approve.

      "Take a look," he said, sounding a little smug.

      Marinette did, and she was a little surprised. Two very even, very nice looking french braids ran down the sides of her head, flipping just slightly over her shoulders. Marinette was even more impressed with Adrien's many talents than she had been before.

      Her shocked silence was broken by Adrien's phone buzzing, and the sigh that followed.

      "My father wants me back home," he explained, then mock bowed. "I had fun, girls," he looked up at Marinette and grinned. "I hope my visit wasn't too hair raising."

      Marinette barely heard what he said, too caught up in his eyes.  In fact, she didn't register his joke until he had walked down the stairs and let himself out.  When the humor set in, she started giggling and Manon looked at her like she was crazy.

      If only Chat Noir could be that funny...

~~~~~

Word count: 796

Picture: Couldn't find the artist, sorry :/

We have passed 1k views!!! Oh my gosh, y'all, thank you so, so much for supporting this book. I hope you have enjoyed it so far and will continue to enjoy it for as long as it continues! Today I have four updates planned for y'all, and a special announcement, too! I wrote this oneshot a LONG time ago, so if it's a little rough I apologize.

Thank you so much for reading! Constructive criticism always accepted! :D <3