Marichat #3 ~ Fresh Air ~

Adrien couldn't stay cooped up for one more second. He was used to being stuck inside, but he wasn't used to being inside all the time. Not after he had been going to public school.

      To fix this problem, Adrien decided to transform into Chat Noir and have a quick run around the city. He wasn't sure if it was legal, but he decided it was probably okay since he was a superhero. Plus, he was going to be on the roof for the majority of the time, so there was a very small chance he would run into anyone.

      While he was having fun barrel rolling between buildings, Chat caught sight of someone sitting outside. Not just anyone, either. It was Marinette, one of his favorite people to hang out with in all of Paris. She looked lonely, just like he had been, so he decided to talk to her for a bit.

      "Hey," he said, staying on top of the roof so he didn't get too close.

      Marinette startled. Obviously she hadn't noticed his approach.

      "Uh, hey," she smiled as she turned around. "What are you doing here?"

      "I needed some fresh air," he huffed. "I didn't want to be stuck anymore."

      "I feel you," she sighed heavily. "That's why I'm out here."

      Chat hesitated for a second, then hopped down onto the opposite side of the balcony she was on. "Do you think you've caught it?"

      Marinette shook her head.

      "Then come with me," he stuck out a hand.

      "What?" she asked, eyes wide. "Chat, I dunno..."

      "Only if you want to," he amended, keeping his hand out towards her. "But I figured you might want to get some more fresh air."

      Marinette hesitated again, then set her hand carefully in his. "Okay."

      Chat smirked and pulled her against him, then launched them both off the balcony. Marinette shrieked as they flew, gripping tightly to Chat's neck. They were definitely too close for the social distancing regulations, but the rush off cool air on her face made Marinette forget about that for a little while.

      The two went on a whole journey throughout Paris, almost like a sightseeing trip. There weren't any tourists swarming the monuments, which brought something new to the places they had seen their whole lives. It was nice for both of them to breathe fresh air and see people they didn't live with.

      "Thanks, Chat," Marinette told him when he set her back down on the balcony. "I really needed that."

      "Anytime," Chat nodded with a grin.

~~~~~~

Word count: 424

Picture: https://www.deviantart.com/haiyun/art/Miraculous-Ladybug-MariChat-in-Spring-812078470

This started as a drabble for the last oneshot, but it got to long. Plus, I know y'all love Marichat so it can be your reward for being awesome!

Like I said last time, this is a work of FICTION. Please stay inside and STAY SAFE. I'm praying for you.

Thanks so much for reading! :D <3