AU #1 ~ Frozen 2 ~

*WARNING: Possible spoilers for Frozen 2 (which I don't own by the way lol).*

      Outside the windows of Princess Louisa and Emmas' shared room, the snow blew in cold swirling gusts.  Inside, the two sisters were happy to make their own miniature winter wonderland.  Louisa could create the snow on her own, and make it disappear, so it wasn't a problem that it was almost bedtime.

      Tonight's game, they had decided, would be Enchanted Forest.  Emma was more interested in making the strong, princely character fall in love with the princess, while Louisa preferred using her Miraculous Ladybug character to stop the evil butterflies she called akumas.

      "That's like no Enchanted Forest I've ever seen," their father laughed as he walked into their room.

      Louisa gasped, "You've seen an enchanted forest?"

      "I have.  Once," he grinned at them.

      Emma put her hands on her hips.  "And you never told us about this?!"

      "I could tell you now," their father said.  "If you would like."

      The girls looked at each other, then giggled and jumped onto the bed.  Emma snuggled up with Louisa before looking at their father again.  "Okay, tell us now!" she exclaimed.

      "Are you sure about this?" the girls mother asked as she entered the room.

      "It's time they knew," he nodded.

      Settling himself on the bed, their father began his tale...

*****

      Marinette laughed as she ran through the village square.  She was chasing her friend the wind spirit.  Well, one of them.  This friend, Pollen, was much more playful than Nooroo, the other spirit, who usually blew stronger and colder than Pollen. 

      Nearby, Marinette saw her father baking with the help of the fire spirit, Trixx.  Over there was her mother, using the Earth spirit Duusu's help to get her and her reindeer up a cliff.  And as she sprinted towards the water, she saw Wayzz, the water spirit, assisting a fisherman.  Everyone was working hard today, because today was the day the Arendellians were coming.

      Marinette wasn't sure she liked the Arendellians.  Most of them seemed trustworthy, but their king, Gabriel, gave her the creeps.  He was too cold and too...weird, plus he was mean to his son.  Marinette saw it.  Not to mention the fact he had given them the dam she heard he parents whispering about, the dam that was weakening the forest's power.  Whether that was on purpose or not she didn't know, but it didn't improve her opinion of the monarch one bit.

*****

      Just across the dam from Marinette, Prince Adrien of Arendelle stood next to his father.  Today was the say he would finally see the enchanted forest.  The day he would get to meet the Northuldra, and watch the magical spirits he had heard so much about.  What an honor!

      "Stand tall, Adrien," King Gabriel tapped his son's shoulder with a frown.

      Adrien immediately did as he was told, and grinned widely at his father, who gave a small smile in return.  It seemed Adrien was not the only one excited for today.

      "Hello," the Northuldra leader, Master Fu, greeted them once they had crossed the dam.

      While King Gabriel and Master Fu exchanged some more pleasantries, Adrien was sucked into the sheer...magic, of the enchanted forest.  The leaves were such a bright red they were almost pink, the trees so tall he could barely see the tops of some of them.  All around him people were doing things that would have been impossible if they were doing them alone.  A man standing on top of the water, and showing on of the Arendellian soldiers how to do the same.  Rocks were stacking themselves into reindeer and other animals, making people laugh as they watched.