DjWifi #2 ~ Why...? Pt. 2 ~

"Why are they so dense?" Alya asked her boyfriend.

      It was only a few moments after an akuma battle and Ladybug had collected their Miraculous. Now Marinette and Adrien were talking casually with each other outside of their high school, somehow both unaware of the identity of the other.

      "It does look ridiculous," Nino agreed with her. "But we probably shouldn't just...bring it up, right?"

      Thankfully, Nino had been able to stop Alya from doing just that when she had first learned about their friends superhero alter egos. He had done it quite a few times since then, too.

      Alya sighed but nodded. "Yeah, I guess. They don't even know that we know about their identities, so they'd probably freak out more than usual."

      Nino saw that she wasn't happy with waiting and he wanted to cheer her up. "There has to be some way to get them to notice without saying it," he narrowed his eyes in their direction. "But how?"

      Alya was quiet for a moment, then her eyes lit up and she grabbed Nino's arm. "Nino, you're a genius! We're going to drop hints until they realize, okay?"

      "Um, okay," Nino agreed, slightly confused.

      Alya's "drop almost not subtle enough hints until Adrien and Marinette stop being dumb" plan turned out to be a bust. It seemed the more Alya and Nino tried to reveal their friend's identities, the more oblivious they were to them! Alya was getting impatient and sometimes her "hints" veered dangerously close to "reveals." Luckily for them, Nino was always there to stop her from going too far.

      "Hey, you know Chat Noir, you look a lot like this boy I go to school with named Adrien."

      "Rena."

      "Ladybug, have you ever wondered who Chat is because I have an idea--"

      "Rena."

      "OH MY GOSH I GIVE UP! LADYBUG CHAT IS--"

      "RENA!"

      Yes, it was looking like Alya's plan wasn't going to succeed. At all. Ladybug just couldn't figure out who Chat was, and Chat (though he seemed to notice the clues more) was just as blinded to Ladybug's 

      "We need to step up our game," Alya said passionately, drawing mostly random lines on a chalkboard the couple had set up to plan.

      "How?" Nino sighed. "Dude, I didn't realize until now how obvious their identities are. It's hopeless!"

      Alya thought for a moment, "We need to get them to see it the way we did. But how are we going to?"

      Nino glanced out the window where a giant Adrien billboard just like the ones all over Paris. It had recently been updated to include Marinette's picture as well, because of her win at the fashion contest. 

      Nino smirked slightly, "I have an idea."

      "Why are you two acting so weird?" Ladybug asked, narrowing her eyes suspiciously.

      "What?" Rena Rouge and Carapace said in unison. They blinked at each other, then turned back to Ladybug with "innocent" smiles.

      "Sorry," Rena shrugged. "Glad we defeated the akuma though."

      "Fastest yet," Chat leaned on his baton. "Well, besides Mr. Pidgeon."

      "Mr. Pidgeon will always be first," Ladybug smiled and rolled here eyes before turning to Rena and Carapace. "You guys ready to--"

      "Actually, I think we should do some team bonding," Rena interrupted. "Come on!"

      She and Carapace were gone before Chat Noir and Ladybug had a chance to object, and since neither of them had used their special powers they simply shrugged and followed their fellow superheroes. 

      "On second thought," Rena put a finger on her chin when they reached a specific rooftop. "I have stuff to do in my other life, right Carapace?"

      "Totally, dude," Carapace winked at her. "Bye, we'll wait for you in the alley, Ladybug."

      Once again, they disappeared in seconds.

      "They have been so weird today," Ladybug shook her head. As she turned to face her partner, she caught sight of a billboard behind him. 

      Her eyes widened and she took a step back, making Chat whip around to see what she had seen.

      There on the billboard was Adrien's face, but in Chat Noir's costume, and Marinette in Ladybug's. It was a scary kind of realistic, and it made the two heroes think about how much the other looked one of their friends from school...

~~~~~

Word Count: 708

Picture: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/220465344245038295/

Yes, I did miss last week's update, I apologize. I'm DROWNING in school work, but I'm also at the end of the year, so soon I'll be able to dedicate more time to writing. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this little sequel. 

Thank you so much for reading! I'm always open to constructive criticism! :D <3