DJWifi #1 ~ How...? ~

Alya groaned and set her head in her hands. She had been working on this project for almost three hours, time that she could have spent with her boyfriend. Now it seemed as if it was wasted for nothing, because she was no closer to reaching her goal.

      "You good?" Nino asked from behind her.

      "Does it look like it?" she muttered in reply.

      "I asked for a reason," Nino said, standing up and moving closer.  "Don't worry, you'll figure out who Ladybug is eventually."

      Alya groaned again at the mention of her problem.  "That's the thing, Nino!  We've fought beside Ladybug and Chat Noir for months now, but I still can't figure out who they are!"

      Even before they had been given Miraculous, Alya had been on the quest to find out who Ladybug and Chat Noir were in their civilian lives.  It used to be because of the attention it would bring to her blog and herself as a reporter, but that had changed.  Now the only thing she wanted was to get closer with her partners, to know them on a more personal level so they could fight better as a team.

      "Hey," Nino bent down so that he could look his girlfriend in the eye.  "You will.  Just give it time.  There's, like, a bajillion people in Paris."

      "Not with blue pigtails or banana hair," Alya sighed, looking at Nino sideways.  He really was sweet when he was being supportive, and his words made her feel better even though she didn't show it.  Maybe he was right, maybe she just needed to take a little more time. 

      Nino laughed, then stood up, pulling her with him.  "C'mon.  Why don't you take a break for a while?"

      "Fine," Alya huffed, smiling.  "Just let me..."

      Her words trailed off as she spotted something on her desk.  The most recent method she had employed to find out about Paris' most famous superheroes' secret identities was holding pictures of them with their faces cut out up to other pictures and seeing the similarities.  It wasn't super accurate, and it was a lot of work, but she'd felt good about it when she started.

      Now, the two pictures had fallen on top of two faces in on of the many selfies they, Alya and Nino had taken together then printed.  Marinette's bright smile was settled nicely under the Ladybug cutout, and although half of Adrien's face was covered by Chat's neck, the resemblance was undeniable.

     "Are you okay?" Nino walked over when she didn't move.  "Alya?"

      Alya didn't say a word, pointing slowly towards the pictures as if it was a crime scene.

      "Woah," Nino's eyes widened and he slid down the Chat photo so that Adrien was fully showing.  "The-There's no way that they're actually..."

      Alya hesitated.  It did seem unlikely, but then again so did Chloe being a superhero and look how that turned out.  Plus, didn't Marinette and Adrien disappear when Ladybug and Chat Noir were around?  Always mysteriously showing up after akuma attacks?

      "How did we not notice?" she marveled.  "It all makes so much sense now, I can't believe I didn't think of it!"

       Alya started running towards the door.

      "Where are you going?" Nino yelled after her in confusion.

      "I'm going to kill Marinette for not telling me!" Alya's voice echoed from down the hall.  It had a teasing edge, but Nino figured he should still tag along so Alya didn't accidentally spill her massive find to the entire world.  He grabbed his cap, and ran after her.

~~~~~

Word count: 593

Picture: https://twitter.com/tidesstuff (It's not super relevant, but it's cute!)

The reads and votes mean so much to me y'all, they really are encouraging!  Thank you so much for that.  DjWifi is a ship I've been meaning to write about for quite a while, and when this idea came for me I figured it was perfect (though of course I dialed back their obliviousness XD).  Enjoy while I work on a request and a couple other oneshots too!

If there's something you did/didn't like about this oneshot, feel free to tell me!  Requests are also open!

Thank you so much for reading!  :D <3