Adrienette #5 ~ Couples Costumes ~

"Who should we dress up as for Halloween?" Marinette asked her boyfriend, looking online for some inspiration.

      "It's only October 1st!" Adrien laughed, though he was also looking for possible costumes in a catalog on the floor next to her.

      Marinette turned to look at him, a dead serious expression on her face. "Kitty. It is never too early to start preparing for Halloween."

      Adrien shook his head, still laughing, then showed her the page he had stopped on, Ladybug and Chat Noir costumes. "We could be really basic."

      "And risk revealing our identities?" Marinette raised an eyebrow. "Pass."

      "How about--"

      "Can't be the other way around. It's too obvious."

      "Then--"

      "We are not going to be a princess and knight, either. Don't ask."

      "Well--"

      "Hawkmoth and Mayura? Adrien, have you lost it?"

      Adrien sighed and flopped backwards, tossing his magazine in the process. "I wasn't going to say any of that."

      "Don't lie," Marinette laughed until she caught sight of the page the magazine had flopped open to. "Hey, look!"

      The page was a rabbit cop and fox, based on the movie Zootopia. It was one of Adrien's favorite movies, the costumes looked relatively easy to make, and they wouldn't draw too much suspicion to the teen heroes. They were perfect! As long as Adrien liked them, of course.

      "A costume Marinette actually approves of?" Adrien teased, sitting back upright. "Hey, those are nice. Can you make them?"

      "Of course I can," Marinette flipped her hair. "But first we have to get the right kinds of fabric. Come on!"

***

      On Halloween night, Marinette and Adrien showed up to the spot where they were meeting Alya and Nino in the a very cute set of costumes. Marinette's natural skill with a sewing machine had captured every single detail of the originals better than the ones in the catalogs, turning heads as they walked. 

      "This was a great idea, Marinette," Adrien grinned, intertwining his fingers with hers.

      "Thanks," Marinette turned slightly red. She was still unused to Adrien's praise and feeling natural around him, it had only been a few months since they had found each other's identities and an even shorter amount of time since they'd started dating.

      "You guys look amazing!" Alya grinned. She and Nino were dressed as Ladybug and Chat Noir, similar to many people in the city, but better because Marinette had made them and she had some personal experience with the costumes.

     "Thanks," the other couple grinned at their friends and at each other. It was going to be a great night

~~~~~~~

Word Count: 427

Picture: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/739575570043922787/?nic_v2=1a145pZMP

Yes, I did find that picture and write a whole one shot on it. This one is short and basic, sorry, but I hope you enjoy it! 

Thank you so much for reading, I really, really appreciate it!!! Constructive criticism always welcome! :D <3

10.23.20