Marichat #5 ~ Candy Chat ~

Most of the time, kids knock on a doors on Halloween night and get candy. However, this Halloween, Chat had decided to switch the tradition. He was going to knock on windows and give candy to kids instead. If they couldn't go trick-or-treating, which he knew some parents (including his father) weren't allowing, their sweet collections would not suffer.

      Tap, tap, tap. 

      A small child, probably six or seven, pulled back her curtains, looking confused then scared when she spotted the superhero hanging upside down outside her window. Very carefully, she opened the window.

      Wow, good stranger danger, kid, Chat thought.

      "Hi," Chat Noir smiled, trying to set her at ease. "You know how it's Halloween?"

      "Yeah," the girl replied, sounding bummed. "I had a costume just like yours that I was going to wear to my aunt's costume party! Mommy said she's too old to do that this year."

      "Yikes," Chat sympathized. "Well, I'll tell you what. I have some candy and a cookie, would that make it better?"

      The girl's face lit up. "Yes!" 

      Chat's face mirrored her happiness, giving her the candy and a cat shaped cookie (he'd baked them that afternoon after school). He continued down he street, then the next street, then to another one. He was running out of candy after he finished three blocks, and his head was going light from hanging upside down so many times, but the looks on the kids' faces made everything worth it. 

      As he continued down the street, Chat realized that the next house was Marinette's. A smile crossed his face as he thought of their friendship, and how happy Marinette had been at school earlier that day passing out macarons, the thing that had inspired him to make his rounds tonight. If anyone deserved a great Halloween, it would be her.

      Landing as quietly as he could on her balcony, Chat knocked gently on the window. There was no answer and no lights on in the room, meaning she could be asleep or out trick-or-treating. Not wanting to be annoying, Chat simply left the pile of candy and three cookies and jumped away into the night.

      "Happy Halloween, Marinette," he whispered as he did.

      Chat couldn't have known, but Marinette actually was in her room. She'd gone trick-or-treating earlier that night and was counting and organizing her spoils in the dark so her parents wouldn't know she was still awake, and to keep in the Halloween spirit. When she heard the knock on her window she freaked out and creeped over to see what had hit it. Seeing Chat she was going to open the window, but he was gone before she could.

      Still curious, Marinette slipped out of bed and opened the window to find a pile of candy and cookies. She was extremely touched knowing that Chat had thought of her. 

      More touching, though, was when she saw him across the street giving a similar pile to a little boy. He really was an amazing partner, and an amazing person.

      "Happy Halloween, Chat," she whispered, taking her new treats back inside.

~~~~~~~~

Word Count: 519

Picture: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/254875660149231197/?nic_v2=1a145pZMP

I am happy to say that the next few weeks leading up to Halloween will have Halloween themed one-shots! Some are better than others (at least in my opinion), but they're all festive. I hope y'all enjoy them! Thank you so, SO much for 4k+ reads! It means so much to me. <3

Thank you so much for reading! Constructive criticism always welcome! :D <3