Chapter 7

Peeta's P.O.V.

The doctors huddle around Katniss, her unconscious body lying still on the hospital bed. They get the tools ready to do the procedure. I look away, taking deep breaths as I sit down on my chair. Prim is sitting beside me, playing with her braid while staring at the floor. There's complete silence, at least between us. The sound of machines humming and surgeons talking are the only things we can hear.

"Will Katniss be alright? I should know, since I'm training to be a doctor... but everything has just..." Prim says to me. I look at her, she's not looking back. But I can see slight droplets from the corner of her eye. She's worried, doubtful, sad. I don't blame her though, after everything that has happened to her family. Especially Katniss. I turn myself towards her.

"Hey, it's going to be okay. Katniss will be fine, everything will be fine. We just need to be patient, okay?" I reassure her. She nods, as well as she bites her lips and closes her eyes. I turn away, looking around blank again. Like I said, we just have to be patient. We have to sit here, in the silence, staring at nothingness, for another few hours. But if that's what I have to do for Katniss, then so be it.

~

"Peeta Mellark? Primrose Everdeen? Katniss would like to see you." A doctor calls out our names. I stand up, so does Prim, and we walk into the room along with the doctor. Katniss lies there awake, her eyes just slightly open.

"Katniss! We were so worried. Are you okay?" I say. I kneel down beside the bed, then hold her hands in mine.

"I'm... I'm fine, Peeta... Thank you." She says. I kiss her forehead and give a small smile. I then move away for Prim.

"Katniss... did you..." She begins. Katniss takes a deep breath, then gains her composure.

"No, uh... they made it...barely.." She says. "Can I get a glass of water please?"

"Course, I'll go get it." Prim says. She goes to the counter close by to fill the glass. She comes back and gives Katniss the water. She drinks it down in large gulps, as if she was thirsty for more.

"So... when will you be able to go out?" I ask.

"Not until tomorrow... sorry... I've caused so much trouble for both of you, everyone..." She says.

"No, no, you don't have to be sorry Katniss! None of this is your fault. It was your Mom's, your Dad's, Gale's, and everyone who has hurt you." I say.

"And no matter how much pain you cause us, whatever the problem is, we'll always be here for you." Prim says, sitting on the other side of the bed.

"We'll never stop loving you, or caring for you. No matter what happens." I say.

She nods a little. But I can tell she doesn't believe either one of us deep down. We stay by her side all night. Not daring to leave her alone. Since after all, we are the only ones left for her.

~

Katniss's P.O.V.

"Now remember Katniss.. You'll have to take things easy for a while. At least until your symptoms go away. I'm going to order a three day bed rest for you, just to make sure everything can heal better. And at least for one week, no sexual intercourse." The Doctor explains to me.

"I'll take it easy. I promise. Can I go back to work?" I say.

"What type of job are you working?" They ask.

"I'm a waitress." I say.

"Hmm.... I think that would be fine. Just talk to your employer about keeping things low stress. More stress could cause another miscarriage and then the fetus will be lost." They say.

"I will. Thank you." I say.

"I'm going to give you one more shot Progesterone. I'd follow up with your OB/GYN to see if more is needed." They say.

The Doctor gets out a needle. I lift up my shirt. They give me a shot right in my hip.

"Alright. That's all done. Just go on to the Nurse's station and your discharge papers will need to be filled out. Mr. Mellark and Miss Everdeen are waiting in the lobby for you." They say.

"Thank you.. For helping me. And keeping my baby alive." I say, gratefully.

"Of course. It is my job to save people. I wish the best of luck for the rest of the pregnancy." They say and smile.

I get up with my things. I leave the room. I go to the Nurse's station and fill out the paper work. I don't dare look at the bill. I stuff it in my purse. Peeta and Prim come to me and hug me.

"Ready to go, Babe?" Peeta asks with a kiss.

"I am." I say. "Very."

Written by @FernThompson10  @drinkingand_dining34  and yours truly!!

HEYY!! Sorry it be short! Just wanted to give yall something good! More will be out! Promise! Plz vote and comment! BAiii!!Lots of love!!❤❤❤

Ruby, Fern and Zeffie!!