Chapter 28

~February 25th; 4 Days Overdue~

Katniss's P.O.V.

"Uhhhgg! Come on you guys, I need you guys out of me!" I groan quietly, and try to get comfy again from waking up.

"What's up, Kat?" I hear Peeta say groggily. He rolls over and nuzzles his head into my neck and wraps his arms around my very protruding stomach. "Can't sleep?"

"No." I sigh. "I'm so done. I can't sleep, eat, move, fit into anything, hormonal, tired, fat-"

"Whoa, you're still beautiful to me, Kitty-Kat." He says and kisses down my neck.

"Am not. I'm like, up ten sizes in everything. I can't see my feet. I can't even move." I scoff.

"Still beautiful to me." He says, and kisses my cheek.

"That's cause you are the only person on the earth allowed to see me that way." I say.

He laughs into the back of my neck. It raises the hairs and causes me to laugh too.

"You're so beautiful, Katniss. Even if you are, all the things you said you were. Your words, not mine, by the way. They'll come soon. Don't worry. We'll soon have our sweet angels in our family. All the elephants will be happily walking along with us." He says.

He starts to trace my tattoo on my back. Then he kisses down my back. I sigh happily at the feeling. I hear his alarm clock start to go off. He sighs and kisses my cheek.

"Sorry, Kit-Kat. I'm almost on break." He says and sits up.

"It's fine, Peeta. You need this. You do want to start that Bakery still, don't you?" I say and roll over.

"Yeah.. I just.. Wish I wasn't leaving you guys. Especially right now, with them almost coming." He sighs and rubs my stomach.

"You need this. Since I'm a Mom, I can't make our dream the way we want to." I say.

"You guys are the dream. And it's perfect." He says and smiles. "I'll see you later, K?"

"See you later." I say and smile back.

"Don't go into labor while I'm away like last time, K?" He says and kisses me.

"Wasn't my fault the last time. But I'll try." I say and smile a little.

"Get some sleep." He says.

"Bye." I say.

He leaves and I try to go back to sleep. I am woken up by a phone call around 9. I groan and answer my phone.

"Hello?"

"Morning Little Miss Sunshine."

"Uhg, Danny.. What the hell do you want?"

"Well, one thing, to open the door."

"What?"

"The front door. Open it."

"Key's under the mat."

I hang up the phone and curl back up into bed. It's only then when I feel comfortable, the door opens with a bang.

"Wake up, Lazy Bones!" I hear Jordon say.

I groan and put Peeta's pillow over my face. "Get. Out." I say.

"Come on Sunshine. This day isn't going to get longer with you sleeping it away." Danny says, and opens the blinds and pulls the pillow off of me.

I move it back over my face.

"Come on, Katniss. This cutie pie misses her mother." Dylan says.