Chapter 36

Danny's P.O.V.

*Sensitive Topic about Abortion mentioned in this chapter! Fair Warning!! Plz no bashing! And no debates plz on whats wrong or right! We all have our own opinions, so plz consider them! Thank you please!*

-Zeffie, Ruby, and Kiyoko!

Katniss falls to the floor, unconscious. Peeta is held back by three security guards as doctors work to keep her alive as they perform CPR on her. Her neck is covered in bruises where Peeta's hands were.

We're taken out of the room, much to our displeasure. I manage to catch a glimpse of the doctors lifting Katniss onto a bed and wheeling her off to a different room, possibly to monitor her vitals.

'Do you think we'll get to see her anytime soon?' I whisper to George.

He shakes his head, 'probably not. We'll just have to wait and see, won't we?'

I nod as we're taken to a quiet room by a nurse who tells us that she'll tell us if there's any improvements on her condition.

'You'll be the first to know if her condition improves or worsens.' The nurse reassures us,

'Ok. Thank you.' I nod.

I take a seat and rest my head in my hands. I'm worried, desperately worried, about Katniss. I don't know what's gotten into Peeta to make him lash out all of a sudden like that.

'You ok, Dan?' George asks me, 'she's gonna be ok. Promise.'

'I just worry about her. She's been through so much, even before we were friends with her.'

'I know. But we've just gotta stick by her no matter what. She needs us, and we need her.' He says as he takes a seat next to me, 'so we gotta be strong. For Kat. For Ruby. For the twins.'

I nod and sigh. My phone goes off as I receive a text from Jorel.

Danny, something fishy as shit is going on. - J

                                                                                                                                                Whaddya mean?

I don't know. Something just feels off about this whole thing, y'know?

                                             Yeah, I see where you're coming from. Something's up with Peeta, too...

Huh? Whaddya mean?

                                                                                                                                                  He tried to strangle Kat.

Excuse me what the fuck?! Daniel, you better not be fucking playing around. This shit ain't funny.

                      I'm not lying! He's literally all messed up. Something in his brain has been fucked with, I think.

Damn. Need me to come to the hospital?

                                                                  I'm fine. George is here with me, and Dylan. Reese went home to Scarlet and Roman.

Ok well... just let me know if something else comes up, k?

                                                                                                                                                                                       Ok.